NPOWER>non-existant warrant to force entry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry for the delay.

I still don't know how to use CAG.

the rest of my story is all over the place,

and I thought somewhere there I replied to you.

Sorry! no doubt it is my fault.

Can you follow my story on this site?

I am very keen for your advice, and as so much has gone on since your reply,

do you think I should start anew?

I did ask for SAR, and npower replied that since my case was with Energy Ombudsman,

they would not reply in any shape or form _ an excuse to ex-communicate me.

However, depending on my acceptance of Ombudsman's verdict, I guess I could ask for SAR again.

I will put up the two decisions made by the Ombudsman

once I learn how to follow instructions for scanning and uploading on this site.

The Ombudsman has given me their final decision which is inaccurate and unacceptable.

I need to find a new approach.

she!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all your story is in this thread

you do not need to post or for anyone to read any other threads.

stick to this thread.

if you wish to post up letters etc follow this guide:

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am sorry but Npower are committing a criminal offence by not honouring your SAR request. The fact that it is with the Energy Ombudsman is a very lame excuse. They need to be reported to the Data Commissioner (ICO) as you cannot move forward until you have this information and I cannot offer further advice. I can also see a very big compensation case on the horizon with Npower footing the bill.

• 2 weeks later...

NPOwer have behaved absolutely disgracefully here.

They have been consistently the worst utilities supplier (for customer satisfaction) for years and years. Why the hell does the ombudsman not do something about them?

Why the hell have they not gone back onn their records to when the OP first moved to them for her gas.

They can then compare the opening readings used on that to the picture OP has provided with them of her meter. They can then check meter serial number, etc and go from there. Then NPower need to check their records for each quarter from that to see where things went wrong (if the information was correct initially).

I suspect NPower are calculating the usage based upon her having an imperial meter when she really has a metric meter.

Has the gas meter been changed since you moved to NPower, OP?

If so, is there a sticker on your gas meter giving the final reading on the old meter and the starting reading on the new one?

Do they match up to what NPower have claimed?

I know they have hardly sent you any bills but if you phone them up, they should be able to give you that information....

I suspect it's something relatuvely small like this that has caused all these problems.

In addition, to possibly NPower getting mixed up with account numbers when another customer has phoned them to leave the company or move home.

I am sorry but Npower are committing a criminal offence by not honouring your SAR request. The fact that it is with the Energy Ombudsman is a very lame excuse. They need to be reported to the Data Commissioner (ICO) as you cannot move forward until you have this information and I cannot offer further advice. I can also see a very big compensation case on the horizon with Npower footing the bill.

Many thanks for your help.

I am still trying to upload Ombudsman's two verdicts.

But meanwhile I am preparing another formal request for SAR.

I wonder if you could advise me at this point.

With all comments I have now received here,

I am encouraged to go down this line once more.

Since 2011, I have documents in support of numerous times I asked for all infos regarding my account.

For some part, I did not mention the word SAR but nevertheless I used all standard jargons for SAR request.

Of course npower disregarded them all or at one time sent 2 pages of meaningless figures.

As I did not know at the time, I did not offer to pay £10.00 fee with my requests,

I thought they would be asking me to pay.

Quoting those instances whilst formally requesting SAR again could have good effect

but I am not sure if they could be regarded as formal SAR requests, can they?

I am talking about more than 50 times that I have made such requests.

My former solicitors did that a few times too but without offering or enclosing the fees.

Only in one of my requests I specifically mentioned the word SAR and enclosed fees.

Is there a good template for SAR request that I can benefit from, particularly in relation to energy companies?

many thanks for all your help, I am most grateful.

I AM DUE TO REPLY TO OMBUDSMAN'S DECISION IN 4 DAYS TIME,

DO YOU THINK I CAN EXPLAIN MY NEW REQUEST FOR SAR

AND ASK FOR EXTENSION OF DEADLINE?

THEY HAVE INDICATED THAT IT IS THEIR FINAL VERDICT AND I CAN NOT APPEAL.

They do have documents of all my requests but have said npower should supply infos if I accept their verdict;

what good would that do then, one wonders!

Edited by Mrsshe
missed out having mentioned SAR and paid fees only ONCE

she!

hi, there.

I am not sure if problem is with meters.

And I do not know if meter was Imperial before as it was changed in 2000.

As a matter of fact I have kept all papers starting with my first day of contract in 2006.

If you read my full story you see that ,having had 5 digit meter readings,

npower decided to use 4 digit of readings provided.

I was totally unaware of that

and through my DD I paid whatever they billed me.

After 5 years, in 2011 they decided to "cancel" 5 years of accounts

- they ambushed me with sudden great bill for £8K which they increased to £12K in a matter of weeks (nothing with further usage).

They did change the meter in 2000 details of which I shall check as you suggest.

I have three large folders of papers in which every fabrication and deliberate attempts by npower is documented.

There are no confusions or mistakes.

I endured extreme harassment by them and debt collectors for more than 1 year before "I" pointed out the 'one year backbilling'

and forced them to reduce the amounts.

Until then they insisted on getting all moneys for previous 5 years.

Nevertheless in no time they fabricated new figures and additional debts to the extent that to date

I have paid them far more than they had initially asked.

I wished it was simply a mistake as you say but it's not.

They systematically and very professionally have taken this route.

Please read my story, it is shocking, unbelievable,

and had I not have complete documents and evidence of the story,

I would have found it hard to believe it myself.

Please keep your comments coming,

I can benefit from all your thoughts.

Thank you

she!

can you please use the edit post icon

in the grey toolbar below each of your above posts

and enter some blank lines and sentences?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have done it.

that is spaced out the two blocks of text

in to paragraphs and inserted blank lines.............

dx

and they

Is it possible for you to gather details together of the reading taken (if you did) when you first moved to NPower?

Then take the reading now.

Then calculate yourself how much the bill for that period should be (by looking at the unit price on your latest bill - that will of course be a lot higher than in 2005 but it would still help emphasise your position if it results in far lower charges than NPower have estimated).

Should be quite possible to do with a calculator.

Then work out all the payments you have made against the account. Take this away from what the charges should have been and see what is left (bearing in mind the large payments you have made, you will probably be in credit after doing these calculations.

If the meter hasn;t been changed, it really wouldn;t be too difficult for Npower to have done this themselves, but we are talking about NPower here.....

I think you need to outline in simple and brief terms what has happened here, as the information is all over the place.

Have Npower based your bills upon the right details and taken into account all the payments you have made?

If they haven't, and you have shown the ombudsman this, in clear and simple terms, how can the ombudsman have rulen against you?

I thought they were there to give a fair decision??!!

I assume you still have the original meter, that NPower have messed up your billing on? ie: you have not had a prepayment meter fitted under warrant.

I'm not sure what happened after NPOwer forced their way into your home with a warrant, it's not clear.

Why would NPower have broken into your home, yet not either changed the meter to a prepayment one or just cut the gas off completely?

It doesn;t make sense....

• 1 month later...

Since my last entry, I could not answer your questions or ask for advice because I found myself exhausted and depressed. It is very hard to describe my story anew as you have asked.

Before I list my story again, at least I can answer your immediate questions.

- Npower waved a piece of paper in the air, they and the Police would not let me read it. They both said " if we bring it close you might tear it up"!

The Police said they were there to repossess my belongings at home and my car. And if I objected, they would arrest me for "breach of peace". I was not violent. I was showing them letters from npower (lack of bills, agreed £150.00 standing orders and so forth).

They all trespassed into my property (driveway where one meter is located).

They did not say they were there to just replace meters. They said they were going to disconnect my supplies as well.

They extorted £3000.00 (made up debt for current usage) which I paid through my credit card, and left.

It is interesting that SAR papers show they stated "no vulnerability and not a pensioner".

Whereas I am 61 years old and I was seriously ill (re. my medical certificate and my appearance in evidence - I have pictures)!

- Npower have not yet (since Oct 2011) produced bills upon the right details of charges and my payments. That has been the main problem.

From the outset, I asked for the information, and I myself produced tables for payments made and meter readings, not only to them, but also to the Ombudsman.

This is one of the many areas of breach of the Code and Law.

After we discussed SAR here, I made one last attempt, but made a mistake by highlighting their breach of Codes and ICO investigation. Ideally, I should have sued them on this point. Unfortunately, after 2.5 years, npower took it 'semi-seriously' and send my SAR last week. It is incomplete!

(2): The Ombudsman's reviews:

I do not believe they are totally impartial or have they investigated my case properly.

The case has large volume of papers, however I provided them tables to ease their work.

I sent an Arch Lever file containing papers from opening accounts, details of all contracts and communications to date.

The folder was to be used as support to 4 tables I produced showing them the flow of actions on every issue.

They had my case for ONE YEAR, during which, I kept them up to date with copies of documents exchanged.

Npower continued their harassments whilst they fabricated NEW debts. They ignored my regular meter readings and included disputed debt amounts in current usage balances.

The Ombudsman gave an initial review in August 2013.

In reply, I send them additional evidence to clarify areas overlooked. The ambush of July 2013 by debt collectors is one example when, to seek help, I telephoned them before and while they were in my home. They repeated npower's mis-representations and refused to help, "you are in debt for current usage, your fault".

Unfortunately, their review of March 2104 was marked 'final'.

That meant the Ombudsman, by ignoring the ongoing activities, had taken away my right to appeal.

On receipt of their review, I replied to urge them to read documents they had.

They have refused twice to acknowledge receipt of my letters and emails.

In my reply I highlighted 4 examples of clear breach of code of conduct and unlawful behaviour both by npower and debt collectors. Highlighted points were as the following:

- npower has refused to give detailed information requested since Oct 2011 -- Beach of ICO and SAR

- npower changed number of contracts without informing me

- npower cancelled my accounts from 2006-2011 due to mistakes they had made (4 digit meter readings).

They became aware of their mistakes in Feb 2011. In Oct 2011, they made demands for £12k based on fabricated amounts going back to 2006.

They continued their demands with direct and indirect harassments for more than ONE year before "I" made them apply Back billing for ONE year. Until then, they had concealed the option.

- npower failed to produce correct bill once they became aware of their mistakes.

They continued fabricating new figures, hence have not produced accurate bill (with details of calculations) to this date! What they have given me is yet more fabrication without correct and proper explanation as how they arrived at such and how (if) they applied my past payments to their calculations.

- Once both accounts were in dispute, with or without the Ombudsman, they continued their intense harassment; one of which was the ambush by Richburns and suspected Warrant and so forth. As the result, they extorted more moneys.

- To reduce pressure and harassment, in Oct 2012, I agreed to pay a lump sum of £900.00 and set up a Standing Order for £150.00 from Nov 2012.

Npower had proposed the amounts and confirmed it as 'towards current usage until dispute was resolved".

However, they excluded all payments from new calculations. This was so whether related to disputed figures or current usage.

They thus built up additional new debts for current usage. And these have been the mis-representations they or their debt collectors have made to the court and the Ombudsman.

- On July 2013, npower had not issued bills for current usage for many months as they admitted in writing.

However, the warrant they took out was towards unjustified and unspecified amounts which I did not know where they came from. The first instance I came across the figures were in debt collectors warrant notice.

The Ombudsman have had all details and evidence of the above. Why did they choose to ignore them?

Their review is lengthy and complicated to upload, but I can simply say that they have brushed every point aside.

The most ridiculous phrase in their verdict is [ if you accept our review, we will ask npower to provide you with details of charges and payments]!!!! impartial, controversial!

Is it true that the Ombudsman's organisational body is formed of a mix of appointed executives. The organisation is set up by the few large Energy suppliers themselves?

Their verdict gives rise to question their impartiality or due diligence expected towards customer's complaints.

To date, I have paid a total of £20,000.00 as the result of their demands (based on so called 'one year back billing') and pressure, threats and harassments.

Yet the Ombudsman states that 'although npower has been careless at some points, they have not breached any rules nor have they broken the law!

Regarding results of SAR:

At a glance, I see a number of issues with papers sent:

(1) - I do not know if I can still complain for the delay (my requests from Oct 2011 to March 2014)

(2) - SAR results are difficult to understand.

(3) - I see areas of importance missing. I give you some examples:

(a) - Missing details of all of their calculations from date of demand to date.

(b) - Missing Communications with 5 debt collectors

© - Missing details of statements made to the Ombudsman- mis-representations

(d) - Missing details of changing my accounts a number of times from 2006, hence their disregard for agreed DDs. They took whatever amounts as and when they liked.

They also apportioned moneys received at liberty to gas and electricity accounts thus putting both accounts in debt. There are no documents on this issue.

(e) - A large number of document bodies missing marked as 'text not available'

(f) - Where it relates to debt collectors and suspected warrants, information sent is distorted. Very limited mention of one debt collector, Secus' is given. All visits and every means of harassment by them and others are omitted.

(g) - Further info relates to debt collectors, Richburns, who supposedly took a warrant.

A large amount of info are missing, particularly specific areas that I have tried hard to investigate. As you know, there are no documents I could obtain from Hendon Magistrates Court regarding such claims.

There are no infos re. Applications made to Magistrates, any Claim Numbers filed at the court and so forth.

I also note that a number of supposedly written communications by Richburns and npower to me are fabricated - I never received those made up letters and notices.

Also a number of communications between npower and Richburns are flawed giving entirely false information regarding the result of their personal investigation or visit on me.

Information regarding their ambush contain total fabrication of situation and their actions on the day.

(h) - SAR papers show that debt collectors had carried out surveillance on me personally and my property on a number of occasions which, according to papers, were all with the knowledge of npower - is this legal???

I keep a complete file of every movement in this case and therefore I know what I am talking about.

Npower to date has extorted £20,000.00 from me.

I believe I ought to be re-imburesed a very good part of this money.

According to the medical certificate I sent the Ombudsman, they owe me compensation. They owe me damages for time, inconvenience and harassments.

Questions are:

What action should I take against npower?

What action should I take against debt collectors now that I have these papers?

What am I to do with the Ombudsman?

I sincerely hope I have managed to list my points in a good and organised manner.

Please Please ask me any questions. If you feel I need to re-start the story, I would try again. I do need advice as this case deserves.

I look forward to hearing from you --HELP!

Edited by Mrsshe
few corrections needed

she!

Hi there again. Following my above note, i would like to make an additional point.

Reading SAR papers a little more, I see that Richburns reported that on 25th July 2013 (day of ambush), I quote [on our visit to property, 'due to unforeseen circumstances', we did not do anything.. just left..].

There are no mention of the long saga, tress passing and £3000.00 they got from me.

Indeed amongst papers there are documents which they quote a different figure as received from me - how they got this money, they do not mention.....!

Please keep your thoughts and advice coming and I shall write more as I read on. There certainly are very serious issues regarding debt collectors' activities.

Should I open an additional thread solely for dealing with debt collectors or can I be seen by all those who could give specific advice? - one more question to those asked already....

I can not wait to hear from you PLEASE

she!

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if I should reply to myself here or to specific kind people who are helping me and given advice; can you please advise.

Well, it has been a while since I wrote last.

I have written 5 letters to the Ombudsman, asking them to clarify their position. My request is that: it was an ongoing matter for which I had to keep sending new documents as they were exchanged. I had to keep them informed of on going actions taken by npower.

Thus just because they have written their views twice, it should not be treated as final views.

I need them to reconsider, read those documents which they had not, and continue with my case. It is not resolved. The Ombudsman refuses to reply - what shall I do?

Regarding SAR from npower, I wrote to them pointing out that documents were incorrect, tampered with (I have the actual documents and can say that confidently).

Many documents are missing from those sent.

In addition they have only sent papers for 2011- the year they made their unjustified claims.

I started my accounts with them from 2006, and I specifically asked them to send all documents starting with 2006.

It is important to have all papers because npower has changed my accounts and terms and conditions without notifying me. Another example is they had received meter readings. To date, they have denied having any.

I can also see evidence of them being aware of those within SAR papers.

Also in several fabricated accounts and figures since 2011, they have included figures starting from 2006. A majority of evidence relates to years 2006 to 2001 and to date.

It is almost funny that npower, in their reply, bluntly say they do not have those papers. That means they only hold papers for 3 years!!!

Can you kind people please advise me. What can I do about that.

In their reply, despite having received all moneys they asked, they now claim I owe them a further £800.00 denying the extortions made already. Currently, I send them monthly pictures of meters and pay every bill by cheque as well is maintaining the agreed standing order of £150/month (I quote npower "agreed until the matter is resolved".

What should I do?

The next step they have taken is to ask National Grid to make yet another attempt to change my electricity meter.

As you advised before, I have written to both explaining that both accounts are still in dispute thus we need to wait.

Yet npower has now come back threatening me with actions through Nat Grid. In previous years they instigated the change/inspection from time to time by asking Nat Grid.

On occasions when meter had been inspected, npower would take responsibility to inform Nat Grid accordingly. I have copies of correspondence!

However they are now saying that it has nothing to do with them, yet have given me a warning that Nat Grid will be taking formal action against me immediately!!!

This company is continuing to attack me from every possible angle, and they don't give up.

However, I can not give up either.

They have unjustly extorted huge amount of money.

They have distorted my financial credit records as well logged a court judgement against me.

As the result, I can not even buy a mobile telephone contract under my own credits, I can not borrow....nothing. If I do not pursue this case to clear my name, I shall remain a virtually dead person for the rest of my life.

I am indebted to you kind people, any advice or thoughts would be of value to me.....PLESE TALK TO ME NOW.....

she!

Hello you kind people.

Since I have not heard from anyone,

I wonder if I could ask for recommendation of a lawyer who could help me.

Is it against rules of this forum or can anyone help me based on their own past or current experience?

I live in London.

Thanks

she!

what is your income and do you have any assets?

If the answer to the first is low and the second no

then you will be entitled to legal aid.

the list os solicitors who take on legal aid cases can be found either locally

for example at your nearest CAB

or you can enter a few details into the relevant .gov.uk website for legal aid

and you will be sent a list of applicable solicitors.

I have one other question, since npower has not abide by SAR rules to give me all the papers, can I SAR the debt Collector agents?

As you know, part of the case relates to their actions which are either missing from papers sent by npower or are fabricated.

CAN I DO THAT?

I anxiously look to hear from someone.

I am currently at risk of two further actions: npower's newly fabricated debt (no bill just in their most recent letter as above) and National Grid taking court action for yet another ambush. Thank you.

she!

Hello you good people

The Ombudsman finally replied today and repeated their non-sense as before. They definitely do not want to deal with my case. So that's that!

It seems that my only course of action is to go to lawyers.

I now know that my FELLOW CAGGERS CAN 'PM' ME WITH NAMES OF LAWYERS IN THIS FIELD. YES PLEASE....

I have looked at your experiences with ICO re. incomplete SAR responses. ICO seem to be the same as the energy ombudsman - just long delays and similar verdicts. So PLEASE let me have some names in LONDON.

Meanwhile, I am still looking forward to hearing your comments and thoughts re. my recent questions...many thanks

she!

Hi there

Can you please direct me as where I can fins a template letter to :

- Make SAR application to Debt Collection agencies

- To write to energy company to object to incomplete, inaccurate SAR results received

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you - IT'S A TOTAL SILENCE HERE, CAN ANY ONE HEAR ME PLEASE?

she!

click the sar.

the failure letter

there is one in the green library tab top left

if you are on a PC that is

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the template.

I have not received a single recommendation fro fellow caggers, pM or otherwise for solicitors, pity!

I would like to ask an old question again, and I wonder if you can advise.

I read that from last October OFGEM was given more powers to deal with consumers' complaints, is that true?

A while ago, I tried to find out the procedures but OFGEM told me they would not deal with public. Are there set procedures I can follow?

I have written to the court who supposedly issued the warrant.

I asked for details and a copy of the warrant.

They did not even confirm receipt of my request.

Is there anything else I should be doing to persuade them to reply?

I sincerely hope my fellow Caggers would be generous enough to help me. thanks

she!

• 3 weeks later...

hi dx100uk, you are the only person who has taken any notice of me lately, many many thanks.

I wrote again to Data Protection SAR Team at npower to give notice for incomplete SAR.

I also asked them to re-address the dispute as all issues still remained unresolved.

I need to continue with my attempts to recover all moneys extorted as well as to remedy my financial records.

Their reply came from their Energy Ombudsman Team!

Npower is aware that, back in February, I formally refused to accept the Ombudsman's verdict. I had informed both that their verdict was based on mis-representations made by npower in addition to the Ombudsman's apparent lack of interest to read the evidence I had provided.

In their reply, npower pretended that the case was still with the Ombudsman, therefore did not address the issues.

I have written to npower again, giving them notice to report the matter to ICO.

Question is, would ICO behave in similar lines as the Ombudsman did? wasting a year without results?

What other option do I have to make npower to disclose complete SAR?

FURTHERMORE:

Despite providing regular meter readings and requesting for up to date bills, npower has not send bills for months!

They have recently written to point out that I owe them an amount of over £800.00!!!

Indeed, as they refuse to issue bills, they create new debts which, in the absence of bills, I have no means of checking or paying.

I have maintained a monthly standing order payment of £150.00 which they agreed to "for current usage until dispute is resolved".

In addition, I have settled every bill received promptly and in cash.

Yet, they have the audacity to fabricate new debts.

If they ignore my latest readings again and do not issue bills, I do not know what I can do, any suggestions?

MEANWHILE:

They are attempting to change my electricity meter - electricity is also part of dispute.

In past years, I have always communicated with npower regarding meter inspections/changes by Lowri Beck. There have been instances when I have contacted npower to point out that meters had already been inspected, and on every occasion, they informed LowriBeck accordingly.

However, on this instance, npower has replied that it has nothing to do with them.

They have brushed aside my request to delay a change of meter due to our current dispute.

They now warn me that I could be taken to court!

I wrote to Lowri Beck to explain the situation and repeated my request. Lowri Beck has not replied!

Furthermore, despite sending electricity meter readings 8 weeks ago, npower have made numerous telephone calls as well as writing to ask for just the electricity (ignoring GAS!) meter readings. Of course I have now provided a fresh reading.

My question is, can anyone tell me what they are up to? How can I protect myself?

I would be grateful for any thoughts from fellow Caggers, thank you

she!