Work Programme - Good Reason Letter.

Nightlock.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I've been on the Work Programme for around 8 weeks now. My provider is Seetec who in turn sub-contract to a company called Groundwork (meaning I've never actually met anybody employed directly by Seetec).

Over the past 8 weeks I have bent over backwards to work with them as I am desperate to get back into work and genuinely appreciate any help that is offered. Unfortunately, while my advisor has been fantastic, every other member of staff I have been faced with has been beyond useless (it amazes me some of them ever passed an interview).

Today I received a letter stating that on 12/08/13 I was notified of a mandatory activity that I must take part in on 23/08/13 but I failed to attend. I now have until the 13/09/13 to respond to this letter or I will be sanctioned.

The catch is... I did attend! I signed into the building, took part in my scheduled activity (jobsearch), spoke to the advisor running the group on that day, signed for my travel expenses and signed out of the building before leaving.

Obviously I will be at Groundwork at 9am on Monday morning to dispute this and try to get it sorted but are they required to provide me with copies of the signing in/out book or expenses sheet in order to allow me to appeal this potential sanction?

Any advice would be massively appreciated.

Thank You.

Obviously I will be at Groundwork at 9am on Monday morning to dispute this and try to get it sorted but are they required to provide me with copies of the signing in/out book or expenses sheet in order to allow me to appeal this potential sanction?

They may claim that providing copies of either two would breach client confidentiality of others that have signed the same sheets (blanking out the information probably wouldn't occur to them). Your best bet is to go in recording the meeting (if you can) and get it in writing that you did attend.

If you can't get written conformation that you attended this mandatory activity, do you have any forms, leaflets, or other documents handed to you during this "activity" ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you can't get written conformation that you attended this mandatory activity, do you have any forms, leaflets, or other documents handed to you during this "activity" ?

Nothing. The session was scheduled to be team-building or interview techniques but the result was just a group of us sitting at computers doing a far less productive job search than we would of at home.

Unfortunately the member of staff supervising this session left the company today (my letter arrived while I was at my WP session and I didn't get home until they were closed) so it's also not possible to have him confirm that he remembers my attendance.

Mr P, what's the reference number of the form the WP providers use to refer for sanctions? It strikes me that OP might want to seek a copy of this from the Jobcentre in order to figure out who has referred and what they have said about it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

what's the reference number of the form the WP providers use to refer for sanctions?

That would be the WP08.

Nightlock: I would suggest haranguing your "adviser" on Monday until you get written conformation that you did attend this mandatory session - Make it a priority and refuse to discuss anything else until you have the written evidence you require. Don't trust them to do the right thing and inform the DWP of their mistake. Record the meeting if you can (transcripts can be used as evidence if needed).

When you send your reconsideration letter back to the DWP, even if you can not elicit the proof of attendance from Groundworks, detail everything that you did that day, the name of the "adviser" in charge, and name as many of your fellow victims.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Arrived at Groundwork / Seetec office at 8:50 this morning to dispute this potential sanction. After being passed from pillar to post for almost 45 minutes I finally got an explanation.

The appointment I attended was on 23/08/13 at 11am. It was booked on 22/07/13 as part of an ongoing, mandatory programme which I attend every Monday and Friday. By coincidence (or incompetance) a second mandatory appointment (23/08/13 at 11am) had been booked for me on 12/08/13 at a completely seperate centre to the one I usually attend. I was completely unaware of the second appointment and therefore unable to change it, as was proven this morning when my appointment letter was discovered... still sat on the receptionists desk!

I have now returned my Good Reason Letter with the requested explanation along with a letter from my WP advisor stating that the WP08 was raised in error as I could not physically be in two places at once.

Once again, many thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated.

NL