Damaged Alloys on Exiting car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, on leaving the Bull Ring car park it was obvious that many previous cars had scraped/damaged their bumpers on the pillar near the exit. Therefore, on leaving myself I was cautious and avoided damaging the bumper but subsequently damaged the rear alloy of my new car! This is obviously because the angle of exiting the car park is too tight. Do I have any right to ask for compensation for the damage caused?

Glad you haven't had problems - maybe if you're used to it, its not a problem. I haven't used it before - It was ground level one, middle exit - a new Renault Clio. In any case, there are many that have scraped their bumpers so it can't be that easy .....

Edited by Mez4

Glad you haven't had problems - maybe if you're used to it, its not a problem. I haven't used it before - It was ground level one, middle exit - a new Renault Clio. In any case, there are many that have scraped their bumpers so it can't be that easy .....

What are the dimensions of the Clio you have damaged ?

dimensions

new clio

DIMENSIONS (mm)

Overall length

Overall width without/with door mirrors

1,732/1,945

A Clio's not the biggest car on the road. I presume massive 4x4s and estate cars use the car park. That being so, doesn't it just boil down to driving skills?

I agree it's not the biggest car in the world which kind of contributes to the issue - it's the first time in 29 years of driving that I've scraped my alloys in a car park!

And before you mention it, I have driven 4x4's, estates, people carriers etc in that time!

Yeah, I'm just struggling to see how it's anyone else's fault. If bigger cars can get through, wouldn't you just put it down to a momentary lapse on your part? We've all done it.

Yep, you're right - its nobody's fault but my own - its just I was really taking care not to scrape the front bumper only to get caught at the rear! It must be a very tight angle, that's all.