letter from cpp natwest card protection

mr_mastiff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not to sure if I am in the right place. Recieved a letter in the post today from a company called CPP stating that I had brought a card/or indentity protection policy from them and i may be entitled to compensation. I bank with nat west but i can not remember having this policy.

It gives me their reference number and my policy number

It give details of why they are writing to me I.E the FCA as told them to. more details will follow in the next 12 weeks.

as anybody else as had a letter like this and does anyone know the back ground behind it because I really can not remember having this policy. The letter also states that any monies from as far back as 2005 will be involved.

I have got three years worth of bank statements and i cannot find any payments to these people.

would it be better to wait and see what they say or should try to find out more details from nat west

Oh This is because of the CPP Case, Its legit and I think you should get in contact with them.

They will give you full info on the amount and times you have paid these people :)

As for natwest... Remember they will only have transactions as far back as 6 years and not a day further so you cant get a true idea of what transactions have been made between you and CPP if payments were made before 2007

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I have looked back as far as I can and find no payments made to these people. I cannot remember having any Policy unless it was taken from my account under a different name for example nat west card protection. However i cannot find any payments for that.

CPP would normally have been an annual, one off payment, not a monthly one as in the case of PPI.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

CPP would normally have been an annual, one off payment, not a monthly one as in the case of PPI.

Thanks for the read but I still cannot remember having any sort of policy from these people. I have kept insurance policies etc going back 10 years and i can not find any paperwork. Do you think this could be error?

It could be. I would do some more checking first though.

The payments going out of the card account may not have been to CPP, they may have been under a different name, examples could be "annual protection fee", "Nat West Protection Fee" or something else. Different card providers had different names for it.

Like PPI it may well be that a copy of the policy was not sent out.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Have you read the letter?

It should explain what to do next.

Did you read the FCA page that I linked you to? That explains things as well.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

OK that is probably when they will send out the voting forms for the scheme to be approved.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?400698-FCA-Force-Banks-to-set-%A31.3b-CPP-Mis-selling-fund&p=4322774#post4322774

We have all the information regarding this in one thread - it was highlighted in our Newsletter this month. ^^^^^^

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

HI I understand the information etc. What I do not understand is why I have been sent this letter. The vast majority of my money was placed in a joint account with my wife. This account was just used for day to expenses and those gifts to the wife that you do not want her to know about before hand. I never had any loans, PPI or any other service. The amount of money going into it was very small and the amounts suggested in the letter even taken out once yearly would have been noticed very quickly.

I am not sure it can be explained any clearer other than.. the FCA has pretty much ordered CPP / the banks to write to all customers who "May" have had this product.

If you are so convinced you never had it, then if and when you get the voting form/ claim form.. simply bin it. Certainly not worth stressing over.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

Check if your statements says something like 'Sentinel' or 'Sentinel card protection'

As stated this is an annual payment so can easily be missed when checking through statements.

If they have provided a reference and policy number then the chances are you had it but didn't know

Hope you are due some money back :-)

G