carphone warehouse refusal to deal with fault

mummy38
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an Xperia u on payg last may. All my apps disappeared of my phone last night. I went to CPW today and she refused to deal with query or offer any assistance as I did not have their insurance.

There was also a young girl there who had a phone with a battery not working about 5 weeks old she was refused help.

I quoted sale of goods act she walked away went out the back of the shop and refused to speak with either of us.

I rang a lovely lady at Sony today who talked me through fixing it

Is this Normal for CPW? Are mobiles covered by the sale of goods act

Did you buy it in May 2013 or May 2012. If the latter. Then it wouldn't be covered by manufacturers warrantee.

Manufacturers warranty has nothing to do with anything... these are in addition to your statutory rights. The only thing this is good for is the need for reverse burden of proof after 6 months, you can commonly get a repair looked at within the 1st year, in any case your contract is 100% with the retailer and they are duty bound to give you your statutory rights.

In your place mummy38 I would email Mr Roger Taylor, the Deputy Chairman taylorr@cpwplc.com

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

def a soga claim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it's just the apps have disappeared have you checked that you haven't accidentally performed a reset on the phone?

It might also be worth doing the factory restore built into the phone (after you back up your contacts and any other data you want to keep of course) to see if that works. It may not necessarily be a hardware issue but just a software hiccup which can happen from time to time with phones, computers, etc.