MoD (want to) reclaim War Widow's pension

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been asked, but don't know- any advice gratefully received as usual.

A feller bought it in the early days of the Business, so for the last 10

(? -not sure as to exact dates, can confirm) years his widow has been receiving his pension;

she has now informed the MoD that she is about to begin co-habiting (having been single until then)

so no longer can claim it, all honest and above board it seemed to me.

The MoD have now requested she REPAY the last x-amount of years worth of pension they have paid her.

Are they for real?! I assume- and hope- they can't do that?

TYVMIA

She must contact MOD and ask WHY they want the repayment, without knowledge of the reasoning (often rubbish with this department) it is difficult to advise.

Vets agency (SPVA)

veterans.help@spva.gsi.gov.uk may help.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Right! Cheers. From what I gather (and will try to find out) it's because by co-habiting / soon to be married, she loses entitlement. Which I guess may be true for the future, but surely can't be withdrawn retrospectively for that reason?

Personally, General, I reckon either they have misread her OR she has not been lear with them, and they are in the belief that she's suddenly 'owning up' to having been married for the last ten years!!! Or something.

Cheers!

The dept. may have the impression for some reason that the cohab started some time ago.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

War Widows Pension entitlement stops when a pensioner marries or starts living with a new partner.

I agree with Brig - they probably think the couple have been living together for longer than they actually have. First step is to contact SPVA - letter or email - they are absolutely dire on the phone, if you can get through to them.

The RBL will advise on these matters too.

Hi this link may also be of use which deals with Armed Forces Pension: http://www.equinitipaymaster.com/contact/scheme-members/armed-forces-pensions/

and this PDF:

Edited by stu007
  • Haha 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...