Three network - can i cancel my contract? Service failure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone;

I have been on 3 network for more then 8 years now with few additional contracts on the same network.

In January, my Sony Xperia S was taken for repair to a 3 shop, it had random restarts, freezing, yellow spots on the screen and loose back cover. 4 days later the phone was back and i received a text to go collect it. They done a hard reset and sent the phone back without the back cover.

I notified the store that the cover was missing, and they asked me to go back there following week. I work full time so i went back within 2 weeks and cover still wasnt there. 4 months went on, i called costumer services once every month. Finally, decided to take the un-repaired mobile back to the shop for repair on the 10th June. They never called me or informed me with the status even though i have been to the shop 3 times to check the progress.

Finally, when i called the three costumer service on 25th August, they told me the phone was at the store since 23rd July and i should go collect it. Apparently, they replaced it with a refurbished one. So i collected it on 2th August. But guess what? The back cover was still missing.

Frustrated, i called 3 to complain and cancel my contract. They wont let me without paying the early termination fee. I signed up for a contract with them and they failed to provide me with the service i signed up for.

I have been without a mobile phone for the last 7 months which i have been paying. They stole (literally) my back cover and wont give it back to me.

Since they failed to provide me with the service, do i have the rights to cancel the contract? If so, how can i do it?

I dont want to pay any fee.

Also, while on the phone to this rude guy at the complain department, he tried to talk to me about an ipad contract under my name without even confirming with me. I tol him he had no rights to mention me the ipad contract while i am disputing an account.

Can anyone help me where do i stand with this? I even asked for early upgrade possibilities and they said i had to pay fee for that as well.

10 years i have been with them and this is how they treat me! T-mobile replaces the faulty phones the next day and they even do collection from your house. They take your faulty phone and replace with a new one the next day. I am never coming back to three ever again and pulling out all my family members and friend i subscribed to three once their contracts ends.

Any help on this matter will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Let the ombudsman hear the complaint. You are not bound by the ombudsman's decision, so you could always take court action to get some joy if the ombudsman did not resolve this.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar