Obvious 100% Liable, Insurance says 50/50

dale1988
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice as to where I stand on this issue.

3 Months ago I was at a Petrol Station filling my vehicle, I was parked in front of a gentleman already filling and paying.

When he returned to his vehicle and I went to go to pay, he drove between my car and the adjacent pump; scratching my bumper beyond the paint, and shunting my car forward.

I have gathered the CCTV footage from the forecourt, third party admits being present but denies 'crashing' into my vehicle - unfortunately the CCTV is facing forward (at the bonnet) and this collision occurred from behind, so although its blatantly obvious to any reasonable person what has happened, both my insurance and the third party are saying it is inconclusive. They have said I cannot use my witness as he was a passenger/friend in my vehicle, and there are no other independent witnesses as he drove so 'carefully/slowly' that no one took notice.

The CCTV shows me returning to my vehicle, driving behind the petrol station and then exiting the vehicle again to inspect the damage at the rear.

Does anyone what I can do now? I have 5 years NCB unprotected now tied up with this claim, and I'm left with a £500 repair bill.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Lol, loved the way you jumped the que! Mind you, the cars behind had an opportunity to use the pump so hey ho.

But seriously I watched it closely 3 times and I couldn't detect your car 'moving' as if it had been struck. Also, you did not seem to react in a way I would of expected had you had felt an impact while fueling. So to me, not blatantly obvious at all so i can't be a 'reasonable person' then.

If however it happened as you described then I would agree with Ericsbrother's advice and take the matter to court. But send an LBA direct to the third party warning him of your intentions. Suggest he sends a copy to his insurers as well. Also. you could of informed the police as the other driver failed to stop after an accident. RTA would apply to a petrol station as it has un-restricted public access.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.