MMF again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I know there is loads about these people on this site and I have read most of it with interest. I would just like to explain my situation and any help is very gratefully received.

I have had dealings with them in the past when they threatened me over email but they never put anything in writing and did not contact me by telephone. This was in relation to Quick Quid with whom I had tried and failed to reach an agreement. I was so incensed by the threats uttered by MMF that I ignored them. One of them, who called himself 'Jason' told me that he was going to break down my door and collect evidence for court. Evidence of what pray tell?

Anyway, they left me alone - that was over a year ago. Early this year I was unable to pay Lending Stream the £500 per month they were seeking. I sent numerous emails explaining my position but got nowhere so I set up a standing order for £20 per month (informing them of my actions) and still they did not reply. They did not return the funds though which surely constitutes implied acceptance of my proposal. They continued to send automated demand emails which I ignored.

Several months passed and I was contacted by Mucky Hall stating that they had bought the debt. I emailed them and told them I had been paying LS and to refer to their client. All they would say was 'please confirm your name and date of birth'. Eventually they gave up.

Unfortunately I did miss a few of the payments to LS but I reinstated them several months ago and have been paying ever since. Then about a week ago I got a text from MMF saying that they had bought the debt. Within seconds they were ringing me. I did not answer the first call but when I tried to answer the second one it was just a recorded message. I blocked all the numbers as they came though but my phone call still show me if they tried to call, the phone just does not ring. There are about 6 calls and texts per day, from a range of numbers, as has been the case with other posters.

The calls stopped last Friday but on Saturday (24th) they started ringing my landline and again leaving automated messages, this time very threatening. My elderly mother heard this message and was really frightened. So my flat mate rang them and told them I didn't live there. He did this because he was genuinely afraid that they would turn up. We still don't know if they will or not and we are living in fear. The person he spoke to said that the number would be removed from their system but we got another call today and apparently they cannot remove the address on their file?

I don't know what to do.

Can you post those emails? They count as written contact and if serious enough, the OFT/FCA can close them down.

If those emails contained that threat about breaking your door down, then MMF may have just made the biggest mistake possible. Regarding the consistent phone calls, get them logged and make a complaint to the FOS/FCA, OFT and OFCOM.

Dont back down from this, if you push hard enough, something WILL happen with them. You must keep all evidence, as if it is deemed serious enough, you can take legal action against them.

You also need to stop talking to them on the phone unless you can record the call. They will say and do ANYTHING to threaten you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any of them. MMF have complete disregard for the law. There is a pretty massive complaint being formed against them right now by a member of this forum. it includes dozens of complaints. If you have evidence that they are threatening violence, then that could be the trigger the OFT needs to have them shut down.

If you use a smartphone, download an app to record the call. Next time they call, play along with them, but keep one step ahead of them. let them make the mistake again. Remember, the ONLY reason they are getting away with it is because there is no concrete and direct evidence against them. Just a single call, or threat of violence is all the complaint needs.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It's very rare they do come. If they do, dont open the door. Just tell them to bugger off or you will remove them by force. If they still dont go, call the local police and make sure the muppet hears you.

Phil I know exactly how you feel as I had the recorded message from "Mike" this morning telling me to press 1 to make an appointment otherwise I would have the embarrassment of him turning up at my house unannounced. The thing that gets me is that I have emailed them twice with a proposal as I too owe LS money and I know it has to be paid...

After the call from Mike this morning I rang them and said I had emailed and that I would not speak to them only in writing and a really nice lady said she would remove my number and respond to my email, she did but refused my offer and again threatened a doorstep visit and litigation....Don;t let them wear you down Phil but I totally sympathise with you as the threatening messages from Mike have upset my youngest son... Good luck

I wish MMF would buy one of my multiple Statute barred debts from Cabot. I fancy having some fun if they do decide to turn up at my door :)

Good old "Mike" haha. He doesn`t even exist...one of their own employees admitted that.

These clowns have been harassing me for over a year now. From letters threatening imprisonment, bankruptcy and all sorts. I`ve also had letters from a local Solictor last year acting on their behalf. I told the solicitor they were welcome to take me to Court as i would love to show a judge the letters they sent. No reply after that for a year, then it all starts again except now they have Mucky Hall sending their letters to me. I now just ignore these clowns as no judge in their right mind would humour them with the stuff they pull.

Don`t let them get to you, they are all bark and no bite. Now Lowells are a real nightmare...

Thank you all for your posts. I find it difficult to get my head around the way they operate. I must say I have not yet been threatened with Mike but no doubt he'll make himself known.

See thread MMF your help needed we need to collate ALL matters regarding MMF for a 'mass complaint' to the FCA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well bizarrely nothing from MMF since my last post. However I had a letter which had PO box 1933 Radstock as its return address. I did not open it straight away and subsequently couldn't find it. Flatmate may have binned it by accident. Does anybody know if this is a communication from MMF or do you think they could have passed this on to someone worse? When I googled the address only Toothfairy came up and I have never had dealings with them.

There is no DCA worse than MMF. Thats one thing we can guarantee.

A lot of us have had the dubious honour of dealings with them recently. The best for me was when they left an automated threat message one day while I was in work. Hubby phoned them up as he had no idea who they wanted. He gave the reference number supplied and spoke to a threat monkey.

Said threat monkey disclosed that they were chasing a debt blah blah blah. Hubby informed them that he was an ex trading standards enforcement officer and they'd just breached the dpa. (All true btw) and threat monkey cacked themself! I've not heard from them since! Shame really cos I could've had some fun with that......

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I need help too I am being harassed and threatened by thee muppets for GBP 107 owed to LS being threatened several times by doorstep visit so scared they will turn up but really for GBP 107 I don't think so ,they called my mobile and work told them the person they were after wasn't on these numbers so they removed them, I don't want them turning up at my door is there anything I can do to prevent this I will pay but on my terms they have ignored my emails

Why ar eyou scared if they turn up? Tell them to bugger off or youll call the police. As for calling your work, you really need to make a formal complaint about that.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

Basically your neighbours cat has more right to come on to your property than they do.

I have emailed them and told them I will only deal with them in writing and I will forcibly remove them as they are trespassing these emails have have been since August I keep jumping up when I see people drive past or walk past silly really, I have had dealins with a few DCAS and as yet none of them have turned up , my 9 year old grandson live with us and. Don't want him scared if anything happens I have had no response to my emails shall I send letters recorded or will they just ignore them too

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. I feel the same. I try to rationalise that they like to issue empty threats. Are you paying LS anything? I got their bank details and make payments each month. MMF continue to stalk me but I know they don't have a leg to stand on. In my view it is pointless writing to them as they seem incapable of responding sensibly.

They ignore emails. You need to write to their compliance manager by recorded delivery/

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. I feel the same. I try to rationalise that they like to issue empty threats. Are you paying LS anything? I got their bank details and make payments each month. MMF continue to stalk me but I know they don't have a leg to stand on. In my view it is pointless writing to them as they seem incapable of responding sensibly.

Hi phil

Not at the moment they have sold this debt to Mackenzie hall who then sold it to MMF one min I think for Gbp 107 they won't call the next min I panic about it to be honest I have dealt with worse but I'm getting to the stage where I need to sort this out I am getting to old to worry about it hope you get your sorted