atos medical tomorrow - ** PUT IN SUPPORT GROUP **

Dublinboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

the way I approach it all was to put enough information on medical questionare ie the way your problem affects your faculties ,loss of power , strenght and movement,put down the worst day ever on how your condition is on a day to day basis,first thing in a morning during the day at night , who helps you how your medication reacts ie dizziness mood swings etc ,are you safe in household with your condition?what you have had fitted to your house to make it easier for you,get as much info from your GP,consultant ,physio etc ,go back to when your pronlem started up to the present day,you have a problem that degenerative ,that is your problem is going to get worse not better,if you have mobility problems get groundfloor medical and recorded,take prescriptions and medication to your medical and take someboby with you and tell them to take notes ie name of nurse/doctor what that there qualifications are,don't let them rush you or give you a examination if will hurt you,tell them this,if you have problems sitting get up every 20 minutes and have a breather,ask for a drink of water during the the examination and take some pain killers,be asertive , make your points regarding your degenerative condition and lack of faculties, push this point home time and time again,do not let them browe beat you, stand up and be counted,if you have a genuine problem you shuold win the day,I contacted my MP to that I didn't think I needed a face to face medical,he in turn fought my corner and wrote to my job centre manager,MP s can make the difference it did for me.hope this helps