Paypal Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if your child has 'bought' something from ebay - they have paid for it so where does the funds you are waiting for come from?

unless you are syaing paypal have put a hold on the funds to pay the seller?

sorry I cannot make any sense of the post.

normlly they only withold funds for 180 days when you have sold something and they think the transaction is at risk - normally this clears when the purchaser has left feedback.

Yes Paypal have put a hold on the funds to pay the seller, My balance shows up as £0.00 so it's not a negative balance, I presume my money won't be held for 180 days?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is the normal procedure would be to contact the seller, explain, apologise and ask them to send an amicable transaction cancellations request and then they could refund you, If being held for 180 days something is up. Is the ebay acct in your name or childs matters also.

Sellers get a little peed off with these issues and dont be suprised if they suspect it is buyers remorse, if for example child is 18 or childs account is accesible to them as in adults responsibility to make sure account secure.

You could end up out of pocket on this if you are not careful, best to answer all questions and more accurate advice will follow. Have you tried the discussion boards on ebay also, buyers forums get quite a lot of feedback.

The Ebay account is in my name.

Just one more thing, if this money was savings in a childs account, why so panicked to get your money as you say. As soon as it is sorted if you are entitled to any monies they would refund, so as this was not money in a purse needed for day to day but savings, surely no need for anxiety on length of time to retain it. Ebay do seem to be on a go slow on most things, weeks to find a resolved case of mine is still showing as open which was resolved in november:madgrin: They arnt in a hurry these days!!!!

Also if your child has the item and used it you will be liable for the cost anyhow as childs parent.

The reason i am panicking is i only put that money into my childs account so i wouldn't spend it myself but it's money that i need within the next 2 weeks.

The item hasn't arrived as Paypal have put a temporary hold on the funds that were paid to the seller.

If you hopefully get an understanding seller they could reverse the transaction and it would quicken ebay and paypal to refund. If seller has sent it, it might be a matter of returning item to seller but make sure by special delivery on such a valuable item. If not sent then I cant see why a reasonable seller would not cancel it, if on the underhand they are not understanding, they could delay by not agreeing to cancel and threfore ebay will have to deal with it directly.

If you hopefully get an understanding seller they could reverse the transaction and it would quicken ebay and paypal to refund. If seller has sent it, it might be a matter of returning item to seller but make sure by special delivery on such a valuable item. If not sent then I cant see why a reasonable seller would not cancel it, if on the underhand they are not understanding, they could delay by not agreeing to cancel and threfore ebay will have to deal with it directly.

The buyer wants to proceed with the transaction, They haven't sent the item yet.

Because child accessed your ebay acct without permission, then ebay can overide the purchase. The thing is it does take time and your account would probably get a strike. I would try again with the seller, some of them assume situations like this are just buyer remorse and can come accross unhelpful, but you have to politely insist you cannot afford the transaction.

Its really up to ebay now, I would ring them, to get a number type shill bidding into the reason when signed in under contact and you should get through quickly

the funds will be held until you receive the item - once you receive the item and leave feedback the funds will be released

this is not your account that is doing this this is the sellers account - i take it they have less than 10 feedback?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

the funds will be held until you receive the item - once you receive the item and leave feedback the funds will be released

this is not your account that is doing this this is the sellers account - i take it they have less than 10 feedback?

Sorry you're wrong there! I have an email from Paypal saying i have to confirm my location and credit card information and then they seller will receive their funds.

Paypal have done a £1 charge to the bank account which will make a code appear on my bank statement within 3-5 days, Once i get that i need to enter it on the Paypal website and then Paypal will do a review of the account then hopefully release the hold.

The seller has over 900 feedback and they have been on Ebay for 10 years.

ok got it now - it's the verification process.

everyone has to go through it when they use paypal for this first time or setting it up to use.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

This is the email that i received:-

"We need your help resolving an issue with your account. To give us time to

work together on this, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your

account until the issue is resolved.

We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal

account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as

quickly as possible.

What's the problem?

For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal service we need some

more information about the use of your credit or debit card linked to your

PayPal account.

Reference Number: Blah Blah Blah

How you can help.

It's usually quite straightforward to take care of these things. Most of

the time, we just need some more information about your account or latest

transactions.

To help us with this and to find out what you can and can't do with your

account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the

Resolution Centre.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal"

I was also sent this email:-

"You recently linked your debit or credit card to your PayPal account. To confirm your card, please complete the following steps:

Solo or Maestro cards

Check your bank statement (it can be quicker to check online or call) to find the two small amounts that we have charged to your account.

Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.co.uk/ and go to your Account Overview page.

Click 'Confirm my debit or credit card' in the 'To Do List' box, which should be located to the left of the page, and enter the two charge amounts.

All other debit and credit cards

Check your bank or card statement (it can be quicker to check online or call) and look for a £ charge with the word 'PayPal' and a four-digit code.

Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.co.uk/ and go to your Account Overview page.

Click 'Confirm my debit or credit card' in the 'To Do List' box, which should be located to the left of the page, and enter your four-digit code.

Don't worry, the small amounts we have charged you will be refunded.

If you have already carried out the above process, please ignore this email and accept our apologies.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal"

they won't actually just release them after 180 days if the verifcation is not complete - they will after 180 days request id to be sent to them first.

as soon as the amoutn have been confirmed then they should proceed with the transaction

you will find it very hard to do a chargeback on a paypal transaction as a 3rd party payment facility -

if you are claiming this is an unauthorised transaction paypal will require crime reference number

Main issue is the seller is not allowing you to cancel this transaction as if done amicably seller would receive all ebay fees back. Probably persuing due to inconvinience, so I would email seller again and ask them would they allow you to pay their ebay fees to cover the inconvinience of them relisting it. I think seller should cancel, but they dont always want to help and I suppose they are legally in the right, but worth a try as would cost you money to list yourself.

Try offering fees cost to lessen the annoyance of the seller and hopefully would lessen your hastle too, I would make the young one pay it your loss/cost out of pocket money also:roll:.

Didn't notice this before but when i clicked on the transaction that is being reviewed it says:

Step 3 - PayPal reviews transaction

PayPal reviews the details of the transaction and may request additional information from you.

PayPal identifies transaction for review

PayPal reviews transaction

Payment is completed or reversed

Not sure what to do now! The seller agreed to cancel the transaction so we cancelled the transaction through Ebay but obviously there is still a temporary hold on the money in Paypal, The seller cannot reverse it as they have looked in their Paypal account plus the money isn't in the seller's account, Obviously Paypal are holding it so i'm not sure where to go from here? The seller has sent an email to Paypal saying that he wants to cancel the transaction and reverse the payment hopefully that will help, I have also emailed Paypal and explained the situation and explained that it is my money and it isn't their money to hold as it was an unauthorised payment.

Because child accessed your ebay acct without permission, then ebay can overide the purchase. The thing is it does take time and your account would probably get a strike. I would try again with the seller, some of them assume situations like this are just buyer remorse and can come accross unhelpful, but you have to politely insist you cannot afford the transaction.

Its really up to ebay now, I would ring them, to get a number type shill bidding into the reason when signed in under contact and you should get through quickly

you will find it very hard to do a chargeback on a paypal transaction as a 3rd party payment facility -

if you are claiming this is an unauthorised transaction paypal will require crime reference number

I don't think they can make that claim as they must have let the child know the password or left it lying around for all to see.