Mackenzie Hall offering discount on QQ debt - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody thanks in advance for help

I have various debts all of which i am paying a small amount a month to (accepted by creditors)

I have however had no joy communicating with Mackenzie Hall who have bought my Quick Quid debt. I originally sent them letters to stop phone calls which have now resumed after a break, and they are constantly sending me completely irrelevant letters.

However today i have received a letter headed

REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER

Our offer of full and final settlement : £149.40

to be paid no later than noon 18th August 2013

Now the original borrowed amount from quickquid way back in Jan 2012 was £200 (£237.50 total to be paid back)

I lost my job very shortly after this and everything spiraled from there. Quick quid literally ignored me for months (i was not hiding as stated above rest have agreements) and Mackenzie Hall just constantly rejected my £5 per month offer.

I am wondering why today they have sent this as on paper it looks a fair reduction?

Thanks for any help

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to send them a letter, go to the template library copy and paste the document and adjust the wording with regard to your circumstances send it to the D.C.A concerned with a £1.00 Postal Order. Mackenzie Hall

must send you the information concerning the alleged debt you have with them. I am not to sure How long they have to to reply (I am sure someone knows reading this) .If they do not reply or more likely reply and do not give you the information requested . Then come back onto the site and report. If they are offering a reduced settlement offer then normally it means that the debt is unenforceable by the courts.

Hi, deepinthedoo,

heres the format of the letter

Dear Sir or Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxxx

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit, which is 12 working days. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradingicon Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

I hope this helps you more

Deepinthedoo Mackenzie Hall may have no right in law to collect the debt, also you do not know the make up of the debt, have illegal charges been made? They must prove the that they own the debt. Yes make the Postal Order payable to Mackenzie Hall.

Edited by mr_mastiff
spelling

Deepinthedoo, just a quick question did Quick Quid inform you at any time that the loan had been reassigned to Mackenzie Hall, or sold etc. Also you stated that you had sent them a letter to stop phone calls. Diid they respond to this letter. If they keep ringing you then please keep a record because a complaint to the ICO may be in order. I have only a small amount of experience in writing to the ICO but I am sure that with help we can find a template letter of one of the more experience members of CAG will lend a Hand.

Edited by mr_mastiff
more questions to ask

i complained to the local trading standards very early on and the contact stopped

They are now leaving voicemails (automated) on my home phone

i have to be completely honest i dont use my home phone so it does not bother me that much (they did contact my previous work before which sparked my anger)

I do not believe qq ever informed me but i could be wrong had a hell of a lot of paperwork at that time

Deepinthedoo, complain to your local trading standards again, if you take the complaint further i.e to ICO etc it gives more weight also in the letter add that you have complained again to trading standards about them harassing you by phone. Also you can make a complaint to Mackenzie Hall,s compliance officerI am sure there is a format letter somewhere that you could adapt. I,ll have a look and get back to you.