Sheilas Wheels claiming I owe them money

haywok
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hoping that someone may be able to give me some advice regarding a letter I have received from Sheila's wheels demanding payment of £46.33.

my car insurance was due for renewal on 24th June.

I had paid all of the premiums for the previous year,

the last of which was debited from my account in April so as far as I was aware my account was clear.

I looked for some new quotes & found similar cover for the year £60 cheaper.

I tried to phone to cancel my renewal but lost the will to live waiting for someone to answer my call,

I gave up in the end and I cancelled my direct debit with my bank so stop any direct debits being taken from my account.

Approximately 3 weeks ago someone from Sheila's wheels telephoned me I assume to do some type of survey.

I informed the person that I had not renewed my cover and she promptly ended the call.

I have now received a letter dated 1st August which says

We note from our records that your policy has recently been cancelled with us.

There is an outstanding balance of £46.33 for the cover provided.

Please call our Customer Services Department on the above number by 11/08/13 to arrange payment of this balance,

we will then close your policy records without the need for further action.

If you can provide proof of sale or alternative insurance during the time you were insured with us then please provide this so we can backdate your cancellation date. This may reduce the amount outstanding on the account.

Failure to make payment can result in your outstanding balance being referred to a third party collection agency

and may result in your credit status being affected.

We thank you for your business and look forward to hearing from you.

Does anyone else have a similar experience with this or any other insurance company.

Should I just send a copy of my new insurance details as requested or is it likely they will take further action

for such a small amount if I ignore their letter?

Any comments would be much appreciated as I feel as if I am being bullied by Sheila's Wheels.

Just show them your Cert of insurance, you should always cancel the renewal (if only to give them a chance to better their offer).

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

yep

you are lucky here

they are offering to backdate what you owe

there was a change of recent

whereby autorenewal happen unless you cancelled

and they could bill people for it

sounds like they'll drop if you send proof.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry to jump your thread haywok but Wow!

I have an identical situation plus a little extra.

I rang at renewal to get a competitive quote.

The quote was above quotes I had already found on the internet (including Sheila's wheels by the way).

I told the lady I would not be renewing and cancelled my direct debit.

I then decided It was time to put my old convertible on the road for the summer so "SORN'D" the car covered originally by Sheila's wheels & went with another company

Some 2 moths later I received the "you owe us...." letter.

I explained the situation and sent a copy of my new insurance for another car to them.

This wasn't good enough and they demanded I send them a letter from DVLA showing the car "SORN'd".

After obtaining the DVLA notice I emailed it to them.

They emailed back asking me to call them.

Instead I wrote explaining the situation and asking for the matter to be closed as they stated they would.

A few days later I received a letter & email from a debt collection company chasing this huge sum on behalf of Sheila's Sharks.

Should I start my own thread or since the OP's situation & mine are similar would it be useful to combine on this thread with haywok's permission?

It looks to be a nice little earner for Sheila's wheels.

Sorry to jump your thread haywok but Wow!

I have an identical situation plus a little extra.

I rang at renewal to get a competitive quote.

The quote was above quotes I had already found on the internet (including Sheila's wheels by the way).

I told the lady I would not be renewing and cancelled my direct debit.

I then decided It was time to put my old convertible on the road for the summer so "SORN'D" the car covered originally by Sheila's wheels & went with another company

Some 2 moths later I received the "you owe us...." letter.

I explained the situation and sent a copy of my new insurance for another car to them.

This wasn't good enough and they demanded I send them a letter from DVLA showing the car "SORN'd".

After obtaining the DVLA notice I emailed it to them.

They emailed back asking me to call them.

Instead I wrote explaining the situation and asking for the matter to be closed as they stated they would.

A few days later I received a letter & email from a debt collection company chasing this huge sum on behalf of Sheila's Sharks.

Should I start my own thread or since the OP's situation & mine are similar would it be useful to combine on this thread with haywok's permission?

It looks to be a nice little earner for Sheila's wheels.

own thread please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...