Advice if possible please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few pay day loans and I am in the process of setting up a dmp.

I have read countless forums saying change your bank account, I have an old bank account with a different bank that I have not used for years.

It is in my old married name and I was thinking of using that one, take in my birth cert into this bank and change the name on the account.

If I do this can the pdl's find my details and still take money out?

Many thanks

Nope.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You should let the bank that you gave details of to the PDL, know that they no longer have your authority to withdraw money from your account, as well.

This is to stop any charges being added to your account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Put it in writing and dont leave until it has been copied stamped and signed. Even if it means you are there all day. You can do it through telephonr banking but you must record the call in full.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It should be on your credit agreement. For each loan you should have a credit agreement that you can refer to. If the PDL has an online accounts system, you should be able to see it there.

Thanks, I have trawelled through all my emails and looked at the credit agreement online but no account number showing.

I have emailed wonga as it said if you need your reference you need to contact us, have also emailed Minicredit but if I hear nothing then will call them.

Do NOT call them. They are well known for threats and harassment by phone, even when you are simply asking for basic info. They do it to make you angry or scared and lead you right into a convo where they attempt to flip it around so you give in and follow their demands. They are very good at it too, which is why we always say to do it in writing.

Do NOT call them. They are well known for threats and harassment by phone, even when you are simply asking for basic info. They do it to make you angry or scared and lead you right into a convo where they attempt to flip it around so you give in and follow their demands. They are very good at it too, which is why we always say to do it in writing.

Thanks renegadeimp, thankfully Minicredit has just emailed me saying my ref number is my mobile. Just got to wait to hear from Wonga.

Really appreciate all the advice, thank you.

Wonga are normally good. Just be aware that some of their reps dont care about the debtor and think they can act how they like.

As for the CPA letter, the only info you need to give your bank is the following:

Sort Code: xxxxxxx

Account Number: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Bank manager,

As from today xx/xx/xxxx, i now require you to CEASE, DECLINE and CANCEL any and all transactions including the use of any Continuous Payment Authority mechanics on the above account in relation to the following companies:

xxxxx

xxxxx

and all associated merchants ( you may need to list the merchants names).

Under Regulation 55 of The Payment Services Regulations 2009, you are obliged to comply upon receipt of this instruction.

Sincerely

xxxxx

(sign your name)

Write something along those lines, but keep it simple. Take it to the bank and get them to COPY, SIGN, STAMP and DATE both copies. You keep the copy, they keep the original. Ensure you get a full receipt for it too. If possible, get the bank manager to do this and not a front desk monkey.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(1-Viewing)-nbsp

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?395493-Been-refused-cpa-cancellation-since-nov-2009-Go-get-your-money-back-now!!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Both of these links have some excellent reading material for you.

Edited by renegadeimp
Clarification

One other bit of info, dont get into protracted conversations or arguments on what the bank can and cant do. All you want is for them to do the above, regardless of what the bank manager thinks.

Hi Ailla. Did you have success with those letters?

Hi renegadeimp. Apologies for the late reply, I've had a Nast sickness bug which wiped me out, but now back to normal and ready to keep going.

All the bank letters were a success and also my dmp plan has started and first payment is in September.

Still getting those nice charges from mini credit, but I'm on the right road at last and I'm not coming off still its finished!

Many thanks again

What charges are being added to the account, Ailla ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Minimuppets love to add on tons of late payment charges, admin fees, transfer to dca fees, actual dca fees, and more recently they seem to have copied toothfairy by trying to levy failed attempted debit fees.

Minimuppets love to add on tons of late payment charges, admin fees, transfer to dca fees, actual dca fees, and more recently they seem to have copied toothfairy by trying to levy failed attempted debit fees.

hmmm, and is there provision for these in the terms and conditions - even if they are, I would imagine that they could be challenged as unfair !

BCOBS

They try and say they're justified but weve helped almost everyone who gas had a problem with mc, get them removed.

Ignore the extra amount added. It's most likely unfair charges/interest.

Make sure your DMP knows not to pay that amount.