Cabot chasing old EGG loan last paid july 2006

JULI99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A couple of months ago oh received a letter from Cabot saying he owed over £11k to them and to pay up. (Passed to them from Brittanic). Obviously had no idea who or what or why they were sending the letter to him and stated so in a letter.

Their next letter got shirty and to pay up or they would issue court proceedings. Again he asked who they were and where the debt had come from.

The next letter stated they would accept £100 per month.

The next letter stated that the loan was taken out in 2002 and had defaulted in 2004 and a payment was made in July 2006 but nothing since. So some info but still no idea.

Wrote back to say what ever the debt was it was now timed barred.

Then the following day he received a letter stating they would accept £100 per month

Today he has received a letter which says that it is an Egg loan and saying he paid £100 per month up till Oct 2010 and nothing since so was not time barred and the balance was over £15k and interest had not been added to this amount. Interest was6.9%

Now really confused. They have put on a ref number which we have managed to find on old paperwork from when the loan was transferred from Britannic to Arrow Global and the last time the ref number appears is when Arrow wrote to say the debt was being transferred to Arc.

He is paying Arc each month for an Egg loan and has been doing so for several years interest frozen. He is up to date with payments and have not received anything from Arc that says the debt has been transferred

Absolutely wild at the time we have wasted on letters just to get this info out of them when a little info at the beginning would have been helpful.

Another letter to write.

Although I do not hold out much hope of them responding or actually getting that this debt as far as we are aware is owned by another dca.

Has anyone come across this sort of thing before.

Make sure you state you deny any liability and put them to proof the payments were made and were made by you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

have a look at his CRA file

that should tell you

see the info below

I suspect this is a phishing trip

with phantom payments thrown in for good measure.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We don't deny they were his payments but he pays Arc not anyone else. We don't understand why out of the blue Cabot have come on the scene and their immediate letter of pay up the whole amount or else comes from.

We don't deny he owes the money but we are paying each month, with the interest frozen, Arc might want more but it is all he can afford at the moment. Until we hear otherwise I will continue to send his payment to Arc.

urmm... Arc

very dodgy lot

have you ever sent these jokers a CCA request?

do you get better than annual statements too?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We are not trying to get out of paying. Cca request and PPI claim dealt with years back now just making payments each month on balance. It is these letters from Cabot we are confused about.

sri did you mean to post this on your own thread?

dx

and they