Default on Credit File, wish to pay off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi New to these forums, so Hope I am posting in correct section.

I have recently got my credit files and have noticed I have a couple of defaulted accounts.

One is defaulted in august 2009 and owe £528.00.

I've been told after 6 years (august 2015) this will be removed from my file.

However If I pay this account off now, ie pay the £528.00 I owe, will it start the 6 years again from date of payment before removed from my file or will it still be 6 years from original default date AUGUST 2009.

Many Thanks for anybody who replies :)

Adam

Hi Adam.

Welcome to CAG

I believe that it will drop off your credit file on its 6th birthday from date of default.

Don't quote me on that though. Await further advice from somebody with more knowledge about this subject.

Regards

BM

It never rains but it pours...

Bombay is correct. The 6 years thing is to do with statute barred. It has nothing to do with an entry on your credit file.

I think what you are wanting to do is a FUll and FInal settlement. If so, you need to word this specifically in order to get the default removed. Otherwise it will simply be marked as satisfied and the default will still remain on there. If a DCA is in control of the entry on your file, they would be much more welcoming to your offer. But if a DCA has your account, you need to be asking why, and ensuring you (and them) have the paperwork.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

When was the last payment or written acknowledgment made on this debt?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: