Palmer Biggs Legal Solicitors & ebay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, after ignoring everything for a while I received another letter today stating that they have retracted the £250 offer I made and that they now require £1000 + profits. Back to where we started. Letter attached 

[ATTACH]46371[/ATTACH]

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have also been contacted by PB Legal in the same way as other posters.They contacted me not because I sell on ebay but they claim that items I sell via my website infringe on BMW property rights. They have demanded I obliterate the logo on the product (which would be difficult and costly) or destroy the products which would bankrupt my company. The logo on my products was never intended to resemble the BMW logo in any way. I have responded to their correspondence but at this stage I have not signed anything and have not committed to any actions. They have not asked for any financial compensation. I am panicking because of the fear of BMW financial clout taking me to court. Does anybody have any advice or has anybody had any experience of PB Legal following up on their threats? Any advice appreciated, thank you.

Ok thanks for that it's new one on me other people have tried to ring them and have been told that they have never heard if them, still I wouldn't pay any money to them . If you have bought the parts and you have paid for them then you own the parts it's up to you todo what you want with them.

• 2 weeks later...

If they were for real they would of started court action by now.

Interesting...

If I was advising BMW I wouldn't recommend court action against an eBay trader.

Purely because they're unlikely to recover the money they would spend doing it.

It appears the primary aim of this action is to get the offending products off sale. Monetary compensation is a side issue, no one is likely to have made enough profit or damaged BMW's reputation from this selling enough to justify court action.

That's why they appear to be pushing for settlements.

Passing off (I assume that's what this is all about) is a difficult one to prove.

• 2 weeks later...

bartek, I think you need a thread of your own. I will do this for you and pop a link back here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?410761-Re-Palmer-Biggs-Legal-Solicitors-amp-ebay

^^^ link to bartek's thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is very reminiscent of the Davenport Lyons, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davenport_Lyons and before them, ACS:Law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACS:Law who wrote to thousands claiming their IP had been captured and claimed they have been downloading software or music and demanded money from them or else.

This type of actions seems to be spreading in the UK and it stinks of legal offices trying to make a quick buck.

If you have goods said to be not sponsored by the name depicted on those goods, they will need to have some of those goods and then have them certified either copies or non sponsored.

Has anyone asked for the report of the above to prove what they are claiming?

Has anyone yet asked for a breakdown of this £1,000 they are claiming?

I suggest you do both of the above before signing anything or handing over one single penny.

In the case of Davenport Lyons, they got done by the court themselves.

Edited by Conniff

Hi guys I have the same problem now. I sold some ps3 controllers on Ebay and got the letter from Palmer Biggs last week, claimed me to pay their solicitor fee (£1000), and also the certain amount of the profit, stop to sell, etc. I got these products from China and paid the supplier via paypal, I have all the invoices and funny thing is I have asked the supplier if they are faked, and the supplier replied me say yes but sorry did not tell me that.

I have read quite a few threads from internet and got various answers. First of all, should I pay them or response to them? Doesn't the trading standard or police should knock my door first if I was selling something fake?

Secondly, how big the chance I will lose if I do not pay them or just ignore them? I doubt I will be fined for a large amount because I only sold less than 50pcs, the total net profit I got only around £400.

Thirdly, can I negotiate with them for the price? for example, I pay them £300 or the profit I got? Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do not pay this.

I have had letter after letter.

They even use photo copies of high court papers. If you look at the documents, they are so unprofessional.

Report them to ebay.

They purchase goods under various ebay names including "kh9n" and "2fast2forward" but get them sent to

a paypal address is to a company called CR Trading UK Ltd

IntertradeUK

Regus House

Admirals Park

Dartford, Kent

DA2 6QD

United Kingdom

Do not give these any money.

• 4 months later...

It's great to hear of some people who have managed to settle their matters with this firm one way or another.

morisleilei, jsmith1988, stelo any further updates you can share with us? Also sunyuk did you manage to resolve your problem with them in the end?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Has anyone had any updates on this company what did you do, what happened ect. I have been having this issue for over 6 months now (12th of March 2015 was my first letter) and have just received my 5th letter. In this letter that have a copy of a draft claims form saying that they can claim up to £15,000. They say that to stop this I need to pay them £700 profit plus their £1000 legal fees, I cant afford this at this rate it would be easier for me to just go to court and close my business. Please can someone give me some info asap as I don't have long before their less than 1 week deadline to reply even though they can take over a month to reply to me.

Please will you start your own thread on this and we will advise you there.

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks