Royal Mail MisDelivery issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry this is long!

Wasn't sure how to condense it!

For about a year now we've received intermittent post. Obviously it's hard to monitor exactly but we felt we weren't receiving as much post as we'd expect and often things we knew we due to arrive never would.

Frequently (increasingly frequently!) we received through our door post clearly marked for other neighbours.

I contacted Royal Mail about this several times- (via twitter/online forms & email) and received the standard "sorry we'll look into this" response.

This got worse and worse. At the same time, post for us got less and less.

I contacted RM again- I was very concerned that the house next door had been left empty for some time therefore any post that might've been wrongly shoved through their door was just sitting there.

Again they apologised.

Last week builders came to the abandoned house (which had apparently been sold to the council hence it was sitting empty for so long)

We explained the post issue and asked if they would have a look at the huge pile- literally the first second and third letters they picked up were clearly addressed to us (my house is number 6, they were posted through the door clearly marked 5)

The builders gave us a huge pile to sort through- the majority of which was clearly addressed to other houses- not number 5 where they had been posted.

Included in this pile were (addressed to me & my family at number 6)

letters for important hospital appointments which i had missed due to the late delivery of these letters- (i was diagnosed with cancer last year so you can imagine how important these are and how distressing this is!)

Extremely sensitive documents & personal information such as clinical reports, bank statements and work payslips.

over £25 of, now expired, vouchers and gift cards.

Driving license renewal forms.

Outstanding bills which, by the time we received the mis-delivered letter, had incurred charges of £30.

There are still many items which we know to be missing including more bank statements,expensive magazine subscriptions, a replacement bank card and a replacement store card.

Since this has all been going on all 3 of us at my house have had fraud on our bank accounts- we have no idea where else our post might be ending up besides the empty house.

I'm sick of empty apologies and books if stamps as "compensation"

I want something done and real compensation for the loss and damages that we've incurred.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

I'm currently searching for information on RM policies on Data Protection as I feel this has been a clear breach.

Should I report this to Ofcom?

I'm currently writing RM a (very long and ranty!) email - any information/advice much appreciated.

Hi think there is very good reason to report this to the police and RMs Fraud investigations, many other people in your area may be affected by this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I had this yesterday. I live in a small market town in North Yorks. Yesterday the only post delivered was not for me, or even a neighbour, but for someone in a different road. The only common bits of the first address line shared by the two addresses were the house number, the first letter of the road name, and the word "Close".

I suspect this was a mis-sort at the local delivery office. I will say one thing in RMs defence here. The package was from Amazon, and the delivery address was printed in quite small letters, so I can see it would be an easy mistake to make. Come on Amazon, larger letters on the address please!

I took a little evening stroll to give the correct people their package rather than making them wait another day or two.

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

• 1 month later...

I have worked for Royal Mail as a postman (both as a Royal Mail employee and via an agency) and know that some delivery offices are poorly managed.

There are times when agency staff are used to deliver mail. Sometimes the amount of mail agency staff are expected to deliver is far too much. Sometimes there is no one available to deliver a certain 'walk' and, in those circumstances, the mail just stays at the office undelivered.

Also, I have heard a lot of people complaining that they receive cards (p739 cards) saying that the postman attempted to deliver a parcel but no one was in when in fact someone was in. I am sure this is done deliberately by some Royal Mail staff, perhaps because there are too many parcels to deliver.

I think you should complain to Ofcom as, I think, they regulate Royal Mail.

There's a link here regarding Ofcom and the Royal Mail.....................

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/postal-services/

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert