style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would really appreciate any help or advice you can give me on this.

I have an issue with an ex partner.

No kids just an agreement that over a joint property.

Basics are that she was paid a collosal amount of money nearly 10 years ago but a further payment was due some years ago.

Unfortunately as we all know there's been a global recession and the house property that I live (and is the focus of this issue)

has dropped significantly and it worth barely more than the mortgage that's on it.

( The high mortgage is because of the large sum that I initially paid her)

so I simply don't have the money to pay her nor any ability to borrow it

Over the last few years various negotiations and offers of a smaller settlement (as well as I had been paying her a reasonable amount every month)

have failed and she had applied a CCJ against me personal for £150k and a charge against my house.

This recently escalated in her instructing a debt collections agency (The Sheriffs Office) to try and seize goods from me

(She's now looking for £210k inc interest) Bailiffs turned up with a Form 55 - Notice of seizure a few weeks back.

I was already clued up and didn't let them in and the only vehicles i have use of are owed by other people. They've since revisited when I wasn't here.

My question relates to can they access private land ?

More details.

I live 2 miles into a private farming estate. Private Road. No access etc.

And I live in a small area that's shared between several over properties and access is via a gate and communal driveway.

Firstly can they just come into the area ?

Secondly we've all talked about putting an electric gate in place. If this happens - can the bailiffs can access or bluff their way in.

I guess I'm asking - is there any point in putting up a security gate ?

0f course my main objective is to find some way of paying off something so that this matter is finally resolved

but the constant worry about "the thugs" that they sent round is making me ill !

Any advice would be very much appreciated - thanks

When was this CCJ taken out? Did you ever get any court forms through for it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Why didnt you contest it? That means they gained a judgement by default.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D