style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I purchased a Hoover freezer 10 months ago and it stopped working 11 days ago with the loss of all the contents, it is still under the year warranty.

I phoned and they sent a repair man out last week who informed me that it was a faulty thermostat and he did not have a replacement.

Five days later I am still without a working freezer and shopping on a daily basis for meals.

When I phoned about the contents I was advised to use my home insurance!!!!!!

Someone please advise as I am getting very frustrated at the runaround I am getting.

Soga. They must repair replace or refund.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you SOGA, I am hoping this is the case although it it hard to know who to deal directly with, the engineer was sent out from Hoover-Candy, but I cannot seem to find out where to go for compensation for the loss of the contents. I just thought it was very unfair of them to suggest that I claim through my own house insurance when their faulty appliance caused the problem.

Go through the company you bought it from.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I will try that next if Hoover do not respond, thank you for your help. I would still like to know how I can be cpmpensated for the loss of the freezer contents.

I think that the loss of the contents is a direct consequence of the fault and it is a foreseeable loss. This means that you would be entitled to expect the supplier to replace the contents as part of their contractual obligation to you.

Have you compiled an itemised inventory of lost food and values? Did you take any photos? - or keep wrappers?

Hi

Unfortunately I do not keep food receipts!! so this leaves me in a mess, some of the contents had been there from previous shopping as well, soory I am being a right pain here but I have never had this type of problem before. The food was mushy and I just threw it out as I was afraid of smells etc. You are correct, I should have taken photos even, feel very stupid now!!

But can you list it?

I could probably list some of the contents, I took advice from this thread and phoned Makro where I bought the freezer. They told me that I need to get in touch with Hoover, who then need to get in touch with Makro about replacing the freezer!! I am getting so annoyed here. Thank you all for your help

makro are wrong. It is THEIR responsibility to deal with the repairs.

so you brought it from marko?

THEY are your target for soga

NOTHING to do with hoover or the warranty

that's in addition to SOGA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

your contract is with the people your bought it from - if you bought it using a credit card then give them a call and they may be able to push things along and get some compenstation for the food you lost

If you bought it using a credit card, then the credit card company are liable for the repairs as well. Most times, they'll kick up a fuss, but they'll sort it out then charge the retailer. However, you need to have exhausted the retailers system first.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...