creddit file access tip off debt agencies

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This Has been mentioned a few times on the forum.

The question that is being asked is that when you access your credit file for what ever reason, if the CRA have a marker against your name on behalf of a DCA , do they tip off any debt collection agencies? I have longed believe the credit agencies offer a subscription service to the DCA industry

Now i have not had any credit in any form since 2008. I have learned to live without it and all my past transgressions have long since become statute barred.

Six months ago i transferred my broadband and phone to sky, three weeks ago i transferred back to BT.

BT had to do another credit check on me they said it was to make sure i did not owe BT anything. Passed credit check and phone and broadband up and running yesterday.

Today i receive a phishing from our old friends LLOWELL

Dear Mr POSTGGJ

We hold this email address on your file and would like to use it to communicate with you - we work closely with our customers to ensure that they are given the support that they need to find the right solution for them and we would like to speak with you today.

Please contact us on 0113 308 6085 to see how we can help you or if you would prefer that we didn't email you at this address - please quote XXXXXXXX when calling.

Yours sincerely,

James Crabtree

Customer Service Manager

Lowell Financial Ltd

I refuse to enter into any interaction with them but do people find it a coincidence Lowell sending me an email shortly after having a credit check??

No suprise their yes I am of this opinion they do farm out ¥

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

It does seem a little too coincidental doesn't it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I can accept that but i have been at my current abode for the last three years, pay council tax and on the electoral register

What surprises me is that why are LLowell sending me an email, do they not have my address? that's what the electoral roll is used for

I can accept that but i have been at my current abode for the last three years, pay council tax and on the electoral register

I'm pretty sure data would be shared every time a new application is made - regardless of whether someone has moved or not.

I realise data is shared every time a new link is made

Barclay's updated my old address to my new address with the credit agencies when i informed them i had moved

Why are llowell emailing me and not destroying a rain Forrest threatening hang,draw, and quarter for non compliance. "baffled"

Well i had a letter from Lowell today, not the usual threats of hang draw and quarter. I must say , they were quite persistent in trying to get any phone number off me, they gave up in the end.

It seems this is all over a bill to three mobile from 2008. We all know about Lowell and three. I have demanded all paperwork etc (I doubt any exists) They tried to palm me off with getting the last statement, not interested, and all correspondents from now on in writing

Seems i am going to be having some fun, not done any DCA bashing in three years

I have never had a three mobile account:mad2:

Edited by postggj

Just bumping this up asking if anyone else have had this with a three debt and Lowell recently

A few years ago they were chasing quite a few people for fictitious Three debts, watchdog ran one of the stories i believe