mortgage express appointed w/singleton as receivers - Be aware

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a story concerning my partner and her experience with these people.

6 years ago due to ill health she had to give up work.

She couldn't meet mortgage payments and sold the house and rented it back through the private landlord.

All was fine until a year ago when the landlord went bankrupt and mortgage express appointed w/singleton as receivers

.Early April she received a phone call from them wanting a copy of the tenancy agreement.

Alarm bells started ringing with me as I have read the stories on this forum about this company.

Sure enough, two weeks later a letter arrived giving notice of termination of agreement and she was given 2 month to vacate.

After much stress she found a place with a housing group but on the day of the move a guy came to change the locks at 9.30.

Luckily I was there and told him that he would have to come back late afternoon which he was ok with.

Half an hour later a guy from w/s called her shouting and making threats that they were going to charge her £75 for not getting out!!.

Not being intimidated she told the guy where to go and by all means send the bill- the guy hung up.

I just wanted to tell this condensed story and that any one dealing with these muppets should be very aware,

all they want is to make a swift buck and have no morals when messing with peoples lives.

Have to agree totally the attitude and methods of WS are unbelievable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Can they do this legally the tenants have writes

I believe so the 2 months notice of termination was given.

The attitude of the 'agent' should form the basis of a complaint to WS.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

No, a landlord can terminate a tenancy with out taking action, in this case the mortgage lender has reposed the property from the LL and is obviously preparing to sell.

yes terminate the tenancy....... but... If the tenant did not move out, then someone coming to change the locks would be illegal eviction, and as I said surely only a judge can actually evict a tenant?

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

Thanks for the comments guys, I had thought of fighting them but to do so would have just prolonged the stress for my partner. Some good did come out of it in as much as she is now in a more secure tenancy and not private renting.

but surely only a court can evict a person??

yes terminate the tenancy....... but... If the tenant did not move out, then someone coming to change the locks would be illegal eviction, and as I said surely only a judge can actually evict a tenant?

Courts and Bailiffs is correct way and not what the BRIGADIER2JCS posted IMO.

No, a landlord can terminate a tenancy with out taking action, in this case the mortgage lender has reposed the property from the LL and is obviously preparing to sell.

Sorry BRIGADIER2JCS,but where do you get this rubbish from !

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...