VPN for windows and android-preferably free or cheap

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title says, I'm looking for a VPN to use on my PC and my android devices.

With all this guff regarding Governments snooping on personal data, I thought I would try and protect myself and my computers. I'm not doing anything illegal, I just don't like the idea of nosy buggers checking up on us.

So, does anyone have any tips on which VPN is best; is it hard to set up; do I need any particular skill to do it?

I do know my android tab is rooted

Thanks in advance

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

tor is good for web browsing its not a vpn just re-routed

https anywhere maybe

or just use a neighbours wifi

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Tor is notoriously slow though. But thats because it relies on other users to get a better speed.

For browsing though, all you need is a simply proxy and to change your routers ID. Use something like hotspot shield.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A VPN doesn't protect you from snooping. It just shifts the responsibility from yourself to a third party company. If you need to protect your data, use GPG/PGP or any other strong encryption.

I am not 100% sure about TOR, it could be bugged somewhere down the line by the CIA/MI5 or the nasties.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

true but its hard to chase back

beleave me i wouldnt be talking here if it was easy to trace

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Thanks for the info. I think I will check out Hotspot Shield as they do a free (ad supported) version and as I'm cheap, I don't mind ads

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 weeks later...

AirVPN is not free but very cheap and works perfectly on both Windows and Android. If you are not file sharing I can't see any reason why you should want to use a VPN (It's total overkill!). If you are concerned about trackers use Ghostery! A VPN such as Air will protect you from snoopers since all traffic is encrypted.