help on what to do about Retail Loss prevention?!?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RLP won't be calling the police, even though one of their letters says they might; if you haven't worked it out yet, they are full of bullsh1t.

RLP and the retailers know full well that the criminal justice system is the correct way to deal with allegations of theft - not a back-street civil recovery company. RLP try to give the impression that they work closely with the police, but the truth is that ACPO made RLP remove misleading information from their website.

So are you saying that RLP have no right to so called fine me and that they have no legal right and technically if primark wanted to get me done for what happened then they should have immediately phoned the police and a fixed penalty notice in the first place rather than using a pathetic company such as RLP

So are you saying that RLP have no right to so called fine me and that they have no legal right and technically if primark wanted to get me done for what happened then they should have immediately phoned the police and a fixed penalty notice in the first place rather than using a pathetic company such as RLP

Correct.

Correct.

I see and is it worth writing to them stating this or just not have any contact with them as by the sounds of them it sounds like they would class that as an abusive letter toward then, basing this on what has happened to other people. So is it best to have no contact with them?

Have you actually read the replies you have had on the thread?

You either ignore them or you send the one line letter posted here earlier.

Yes I have been reading everything on here but as I was talking to someone with experience in how to handle this situation I was asking again to make sure that not replying to them is the best thing to do seen as it will mean letters after letters being handed through my door for at least an 18 month period demanding large sums of money that is not necessary so yes I will ask the question about what to do repeatedly. Apologies.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Back again!

So I've just revived my first letter off RLP and the letter is full of mumble jumble legal stuff which pretty much confused me so I thought I'd ask for help.

So they have asked for a payment of £130.00 and have said its for waiting security time blah blah blah. But I've read on other people's letters that they sounded very demanding but on the one I have received it doesn't appear to be too demanding, so I'm still wondering whether to ignore them or just pay up? And help please?

totally ignore them

there is NO LEGAL ARGUEMENT OR LAWS

attached to ANY rlp claim whatsoever.

as you've guessed its all TWADDLE

don't fall for it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there.

Why do you want to pay please?

Is it possible for you to scan up a copy of the letter [pdf works] without your personal info, or could you bear to type it up for us please?

My best, HB

I only want to pay then to get this off my back, I don't wish to receive any more letters ive tried uploading t yet it doesn't work, I can type it out if you like?

If you pay, you are saying that they have the full and complete right to harass and threaten you until you pay.

The woman behind this is becoming notorious. She is nothing more than a bully, and you are falling right for her tricks. Youc ould return all her letters and include a letter telling her in no uncertain terms where to go. Remember, this is the same company that got railroaded last year, but jackie still seems to think the law doesnt apply to her.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Do not pay these vultures! I notice on your original post that you were under the age of 18 at the time of the incident. Even more reason to not pay RLP (as if more reasons were ever needed). You were classed as a minor when you shoplifted so they shouldn't be writing to you at all.

It's absolute 100% harassment.

If I was to write to you and say "hiya, I've been told you shoplifted from Primark. Pay me £130 now." you'd tell me where to go, wouldn't you! RLP are no different.

Don't give in.

Hold up. If the OP was under 18 when this occured, laugh in jackies face as there is nothing she can do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D