Ebay havent returned item BUT have refunded buyer!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have a problem with ebay.

A buyer opened up a case with ebay saying the item I sent him was damaged - in the resolution process I asked for video or even just a picture of the damage so I could email it to the courier company so they could go to his address and inspect the damage.Once the couriers have confirmed it was dmaged I was going to refund the buyer and not require him to return the item as the couriers would have refunded me and paid for the item...BUT the buyer wouldnt even take a picture nor let me have his phone number etc which is strange!

After being away for a week I checked my ebay account and the buyer has esculated the case to ebay and they've ruled in his favour - they havent told him to return the item and they have said they will be taking the refund from my 'reimbursement payment method' in 10 days time which is actually now only 7 days time.

I have opened an appeal but dont hold much hope as ebay can do what they like and everyone is at the mercy of them :(

Does anyone have any ideas what to do incase they still take the money without returning my item.

Thanks.

Edited by lionalcook

Hi

Dont know if this would help buy i cancled my card whn this happened to me and they couldnt take anything.

Have you checked if you have a reinbursment method on file? Its in the financial information part ofthe account tab.

If you have no reinbursement method on file they cant take a penny.

Or they will take money from paypal if you have a balance. Or you could try removing the reinbursement method if you have one on file. Failing that see if your bank can help decline anything they try and take.

Hope it helps

Hello,

thanks for replies.

The 'appeal' went as I suspected - they have said that their decision remains and didnt even mention about the buyer having to return my property, so this is technically theft and theres nothing I can do about it!

raydetinu - yes I did respond to the dispute and you have more than 3 days to respond.

wiseajak - cheers ;) card cancelled - they wont get anything but then I wont be able to use the account now :(

Is there any way I can get this payment cancelled due to the item not being returned so I can carry on using the account - is there any legal way/person to contact???

any help is appreciated,thanks all.

I believe your best recourse, if the sum involved is worth it, is to take action on the buyer to return the goods,

you have his address, so write to him, and say if he does not return it, you will take action against him through the courts.

He has had his money returned and you want the goods back.

You can then claim against the courier; have you started that process yet. No doubt they will want photos of damage and the packaging.

I doubt there is anything you can do about ebay though! except get a new email address and start a new account. ( easy enough ).

Thanks,

not really worth it for the sum involved or the time either :(

i've been doing some homework on ebay & paypal and a lot of people have to start using 'stealth' accounts as if you try to open another ebay account it will get associated with the original one (ip address/actual adress/cookies/name/bank details etc) and then you run the risk of having both accounts permanently suspended.

Ideally ebay should hold their hands up to what they've done wrong and sort the problem out...but as they cant be bothered and I want to sort this out the proper and legal way...surely there is something that can be done??

It would be so easy if they said "ok - we messed up so we'll cancel this unauthorised payment we're going to take (aka steal) from you" even as a good will gesture so I can continue to use the account....but I know this isnt going to happen :(

thanks

Hello lionalcook

I hope i helped. I know how you feel its disgusting that ebay let this happen.

They will surely loose alot of customers. They lost my 7year custom anyway. As ray say ebay are a law unto themselves and theres not much that can be done but i hope you dont reinburse ebay for their failing. I certainly will not be.

There wasnt much of a gurantee that if the buyer had of sent the item bck that it would of been the actual item anyway been many cases where people get sent bk empty boxes and ebay refund because tracking is provided. Its all one sided !

Plus if u email of phone them you get no where!! You get a robot repeating the same thing!

Ebay will never admit fault! Its almost they think that because thy are a massive online company they can do as they please really wish they had an eye opener!!!

They leagally promote fraud i think! Even though its is. Wrong!

Yep, I make you right wiseajak.

They are legally promoting fraud - I think I'll give consumer direct a ring although they will prob tell me to write a letter.....which will be worthless as I've been researching and apparently as ebay are based in Luxembourg you cant take them to the small claims court :(

It's a vicious circle where ebay always end up as the winner when they're in the wrong - its doing my head in!

I really do sympathise, but as I do quite a lot on ebay, have found them and paypal very good, came unstuck once when they said they could not help, and just put that down to experience!

Overall have come off a lot better than lost out.

Expect I will change my mind if get done for a lot of money though.

try live help and ask them why they have decided to take money from your account when the goods havent been returned. I expect they will waffle but the next step is to write to their registerd address and hope that soemone pick uo the post as it is a maildrop addy. Iused to have the home address of Ebay Uk's boss but they got someone else so tit may now be difficult to serve notice upon himm personally as I did.

Try googling for press releases and then do a company/individual search using duedil