WCA failed : ESA Stopped. **Appeal Upheld**

CookieRocks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Had the reassessment form sent in April/ May - unfortunately, I got admitted into hospital as I had pneumonia, but somehow managed to get the form filled in and sent as close to the deadline date as possible, still not well.

I did request on the forms that I wanted a home assessment and an audio recorded assessment.

Received a letter today, appointment in two weeks time at an assessment centre. No mention of my requests. Purely down to extreme mobility problems, and for my own safety the home assessment was requested, and obviously, from past experience and bare faced lies I asked for the assessment to be recorded. They've even placed me at a centre which is 9 miles away, whereas they could have sent me to one that is 2 miles away.

Is it best to just manage with extreme difficulty and attend the assessment as it is? I want to phone them on Monday to ask why they did not offer the home assessment and also clarify about the audio recording, but am concerned that they make life much more difficult for me and it may affect the benefit help I currently receive.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

CR

CookieRocks

I'm guessing you've just been allocated the first available assessment in your general area. Do not accept it and just struggle to get there, phone, demand a home assessment and make sure they're going to record.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

[...] demand a home assessment and make sure they're going to record.

If they are unwilling to record the assessment, you are perfectly entitled to make your own recording. As it is in your home, you get to choose the terms & conditions of entry.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 2 months later...

An update:

No go with the home assessment, they have dug their heels in. Instead the are offering to provide a taxi to and fro.

Should I take them up on the taxi? It's their own contracted taxi company, so do I assume that they start an assessment from home pick up? Cameras? etc...

CR

CookieRocks