Anyone claimed for damaged car key from hastings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Wondered if anyone could help. I have key cover through Hastings. It's the one with the key fob that you attach to your keys. Anyway, my car is a renault which has a card not a key. Well the card has split in two I've managed to put it back together but have to hold it together whilst pushing it in the slot, it won't last much longer, now I wondered if it had to be at the point that it won't start the car to be able to make a claim. It will no longer lock the car, but does start with some fiddling.

I know how insurance company's make make every excuse in the book rather than pay so any info before I give them a call would be great. Thank in advance.

What a rip off, debit and credit cards are free so it's just money making.

Have you looked to see if a claim on this will affect your no claims and future premiums. ?

Write to the maker and make a complaint saying the card is not fit for purpose and you would like them to supply a new one, you only have the cost of a stamp to lose.

Apparently the card is about 150 then main dealer have to program it and the car to match. So quite expensive, and I have insurance so why would I pay!! I suppose the only way Im going to find out is to claim.. Thanks anyway.

What a rip off, debit and credit cards are free so it's just money making.

Have you looked to see if a claim on this will affect your no claims and future premiums. ?

Write to the maker and make a complaint saying the card is not fit for purpose and you would like them to supply a new one, you only have the cost of a stamp to lose.

eh?

Before a claim, you need to see which is the cheaper option, if this is going to lose you your no claims bonus and push up your premiums, that could work out a darn site more than £150.

It's not expensive, it's a rip off. They have a card no different than a debit or credit card, slot it into a computer, tap a few keys and that's it done. Cost pennies.

The key cards failing are a common issue, going to have a wild guess that your car is either a Laguna or a Megane?

I would recommend joining a forum that is specific to your car, there are a few about, sometimes memebers know ways around faults like this or can help fix for a bit of elbow grease etc.

Might be cheaper than going through the insurance.

Hi, apparently it won't affect my no claims and there's no excess!! There's prob some catch though.

It's an espace, you can buy blank cards from eBay for a few pounds, but I've read bad things about these on renault forum, they aren't able to be programmed, therefore you have to order one from France then take car to renault to be programmed to ecu.. Hence expense.