BCW Verification Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've received a letter from BCW Group saying they are trying to locate a Nuclear Shark.

Apparently my address is from a linked record on my Credit File.

The address they've given is a fairly old one.

Stupidly enough they have spelt my name very, very slightly wrong.

Checked the CRA's and everything seems in order, no defaults other than the ones I am already dealing with.

The letter states "If I believe I am not their customer please contact us on number"

I haven't purchased anything from BCW nor do I have any dealings with them.

That being obvious considering they are a DCA :mad2:

So should I ignore them? Or write a letter saying I do not acknowledge anyone by that name?

Is it just a letter chain and eventually they'll go away?

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

Ignore.

Or use it as toilet paper. Your choice.

As seminole said, they are fishing. They hope you will give them the info they dont have so they can fill in the blanks and create a valid debt. Thats what these letters and phonecall security questions are for. They mislead a person into giving them info so a debt can be created.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

And start making those complaints to the OFT&TS...

Sending out phishing missives in the hope someone will do their dirty slimy tracing work for them!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

And start making those complaints to the OFT&TS...

Sending out phishing missives in the hope someone will do their dirty slimy tracing work for them!

Indeed.

Complaint fired of to the OFT yesterday and also Trading Standards. I used the complain to Trading Standards through the Citizens Advice website, because Devon and Somerset seem to have a joint TS organisation, yet haven't got an e-mail on their website, just links to the Citizens Advice form.

Found an e-mail address for Glasgow though, Should I e-mail that as well do you reckon? Or the form enough?

Cheers,

Shark

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger: