Pounds to pocket not secure?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got this email:

Customer #

Dear Hacked off,

Per your request, we have updated the email address associated with your Pounds to Pocket account. From now on, you will log in to your account using karenlesley40@yahoo.co.uk and all future Pounds to Pocket emails will be delivered to this address

I didn't do this. After speaking to three different people who were not interested in the slightest, and claims of "not being able to access the account", it was changed.

Then I get these:

Dear A person who isn't me,

Customer #

We received a request to reset the password associated with this email address. If you made this request, please follow the instructions below.

Click the link below to reset your password using our secure server:

Now I went on this and was able to reset someone else's account. Went I malice chat again, not interested.

Then this:

Customer #

Dear Not me again,

Per your request, we have updated the email address associated with your Pounds to Pocket account. From now on, you will log in to your account using not my email and all future Pounds to Pocket emails will be delivered to this address.

I was able to log into an account that isn't mine and view everything.

Again pounds to pocket were not interested!!!

Full complaint needs to be made and also get the ICO involved. There is a very high chance that this isnt a one off occurance.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

Reply from p2p, they have completely avoided why I was able to access someone else's account.

This email is to confirm that your complaint has been responded to.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any additional concerns following this e-mail , please contact me directly at the details below.

We regret to inform you that we cannot delete your customer account records from our system. Record retention obligations under the UK Money Laundering regulations require us to store your data for five years from the date of processing.

We respect your wish to keep your data private and will not release or disclose your personal information to any outside entity.

All solicitation and invitation codes have been removed from this profile.

All telephone numbers that were associated with this profile have been marked as "do not ring"

There is no active Direct Debit Mandate active on this profile.

Your debit card details have been deleted.

Bank details and e-mail address have been encrypted so as to not be readable internally.

While our system will allow you to log in to your profile (provided you have the password), your profile has been pre set to auto decline any application generated from this profile. This can only be manually over ridden my top management

Yours sincerely,

Robert Elston

Pounds to Pocket Resolution Team

Direct Line: 0800 016 3143

relston@poundstopocket.co.uk

resolution@poundstopocket.co.uk

http://www.PoundstoPocket.co.uk

Call free from landlines. Mobile phone companies may charge up to 40p per

Hi All,

Just to help clarify some of the problems with some of these pay day loans, especially Pound to pocket, people should be wary getting involved with them, yes, you might be desperate for cash, but quite a lot of them are operating underhand, i tried to be a computer watch dog for pound to pocket and this is the live conversation I had with them online while my brother went on a walk to their said official address, please read below extracts,,,...

Conversation starts with me logging on to a live pc chat

Me: Hi!

Reply:Hello! Thank you for choosing Pounds To Pocket, the UK’s trusted online lender. A representative will respond to you shortly. If you would prefer, please ring us at 0800-016-3106 or email us at support@poundstopocket.co.uk

You are now chatting with Treon.

Treon: Thank you for contacting Pounds to Pocket, the home of Free Same Day Funding. I'd be happy to assist you with any questions you have. Before we start, can you please verify your telephone number, first name, surname and year of birth please?

mike: No, I am just making an enquiry, I have not even applied for a loan yet,so my name, address, mobile phone number will mean nothing to you just yet,

Treon: How may I help you?

mike: Ok, please could you confirm your postal address to me so that I may send you a mail

Treon: To better assist you Mike what are you trying to send?

mike: a letter regarding loans that I may be interested in, I have read from my research that others have found it difficult sending letter to Pound to pocket

mike: just to clarify that before we go ahead, you will need my postal address and so it is only right that I have your postal address as well

Treon: Our address is as follows:

Treon: Pounds to Pocket

Treon: 483 Green Lanes

Treon: London

Treon: N13 4BS

Treon:

mike: Are you at the internet Cafe? I am just approaching it now

Treon: No, we are an company.

Treon: Have your reviewed our website?

Treon: We are an online Lender.

mike: Thank you, Yes, I have reviewed your website, but I am finding it difficult to confirm your postal address, there are offices to let upstairs, internet Cafe and Secretarial services downstairs, and on the side there is a narrow alleyway with a blue sign board which read M9, yes, Online lender, but just confirm where you are operating from, I am online now but I am operating from an address, thanks please

mike: I like to take out a loan, but I am doing a research and most blogs concern your postal address

Treon: I have not heard from you in a while. Are you still there?

mike: yes, I am here

mike: hello, are you there

Treon: Our call center is in the States.

mike: I figure that out, chicago

mike: but where is your address in the UK

Treon: Correct.

Treon: Our post code is N13 4BS.

mike: yes, but that is the address I just told you and we are standing outside of it

Treon: Okay. You are looking to drop off an letter or set up an meeting?

mike: yes, but this is a secretarial and internet Cafe

Treon: You will need to post the letter to us.

mike: Yes, but I am here now, i cannot post a letter to an address that I am standing in front of can I?

Treon: What does the letter state Mike?

Treon: What are you looking to have resolved?

mike: To confirm whicha address you actually operate from, given you are an online lender, and I want to take out a loan but need to be reassured that i am dealing with a reputable company with a confirmed office address and just as you will like the same for me

mike: you will need me to have a confirmed address, won't you, not just a person with no fixed address, surely you will not lend me any money in that instance, do you get what i mean, thanks

Treon: I understand your reasoning.

mike: hello are you still there

Treon: Our office in the UK is Pounds to Pocket, 483 Green Lanes, London and N13 4BS. You can find a mail box to send the letters to. Our call center is in Chicago.

Treon: We correspond to the mail sent to 483 Green Lanes.

Treon: That is our address Mike.

mike: Thanks, so you are not actually here in this building I am standing in front of, 483 Green Lanes, ok, so you are not here now, I will leave the letter and someone will get back to me after they come here to pick up the mails right?

mike: you are not physically here, I got that, right

Treon: Correct. I am in Chicago.

mike: Ah, Chicago, ok, many thanks for your help today, I will spread the Goodnews of Chicago

Treon: You are welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

mike: No, many thanks for your help and support, have a good day and God bless

Treon: You are welcome. Thank you for choosing Pounds to Pocket. Thank you for chatting with me. We welcome your feedback: please click here to complete our Exit Survey.

Treon: Same to you bye.

Thank you for chatting with Pounds To Pocket. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.