Nationwide Questionable OD Charges

tezza1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE: i received a letter in the post today from Nationwide saying, following on from our phone call we have not received your income/expenditure form, if we had it would have been scanned in by us, it is up to you to take it up with the RM and to send us proof of postage, as per our policy i have send another income/expenditure form for you to fill out along with another pre-paid envelope.

So they sent the form 1st time over 3 weeks ago, i sent back, got proof of posting, sent online message asking for update to be told we dont have it, do another one. I mean WTF i sent some important documents in the 1st one, do they not care that its apparently been lost.

Should i still issue a LBA and proceed that way, we are just going round in circles otherwise. They have already told me on the phone that they will only refund 3 months worth of charges as per there policy, im going for nearly 18 months worth which is £500 odd

UPDATE: i received a letter in the post today from Nationwideicon saying, following on from our phone callicon we have not received your income/expenditure form, if we had it would have been scanned in by us, it is up to you to take it up with the RM and to send us proof of postage, as per our policy i have send another income/expenditure form for you to fill out along with another pre-paid envelope.

So they sent the form 1st time over 3 weeks ago, i sent back, got proof of posting, sent online message asking for update to be told we dont have it, do another one. I mean WTF i sent some important documents in the 1st one, do they not care that its apparently been lost.

Should i still issue a lbaicon and proceed that way, we are just going round in circles otherwise. They have already told me on the phone that they will only refund 3 months worth of charges as per there policy, im going for nearly 18 months worth which is £500 odd

UPDATE: i have heard nothing from nationwide regarding the Letter Before Action letter i sent in on the 16th but on checking my bank account today they have refunded £75 of the £500 in charges. Have they done this to just fob me off and hope i go away by giving me something.

What is my next step, to still start proceedings to reclaim the other £425 when the LBA expires.

Thanks

Ok now im just proper confused, Yesterday £75 had appeared in my account in 3 x £20 and 1 x £15 hence the post above. Today its DOWN to £55, its like £20 has been wiped as if it was never there, I did take a screenshot of page yesterday so i know im not going mad, yesterday it was def 100% £75 and today £55, one of the £20 has just vanished. Surly this is just giving me more and more ammo and a better case should it go to SCC, Any advice anyone please

Ok to cut a long story short i am trying to claim back approx £500 in charges from nationwide which go back about 15 months, I send a LBA to there address in swindon, They have refunded £75 and basically sent a letter saying thats all they are prepared to refund and thats final, so my questions are.

What now, shall i let the LBA expire and then issue a Money claim through the SCC

Will it harm or hinder my case that they have refunded £75 but refused the other £425

What address/Who do i issue a claim against.

Thanks all

Sorry a current account yes.

Basically charges on current accounts are not recoverable since the test case against was lost.

So I am surprised that they have refunded anything.

What exactly are these charges?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Basically charges on current accounts are not recoverable since the test case against was lost.

So I am surprised that they have refunded anything.

What exactly are these charges?

Failed DD charges and Unauthorized overdraft charges, My argument is i have no overdraft, no reserve limit, nothing, if thers no money in there the debit card will decline. I only ever go overdrawn when they take there penalty fees, they they charge me another fee for going overdrawn, so they a putting a charge on a charge. Do i not have a case under BCOBS. It should be noted i have told them about my financial hardship and that i feel they have ignored it. I have working tax, child tax, child benefit, Housing benefit and Council tax benefit paid in and they hapily have been taking £20-£60 a month in charges

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?849-BCOBS-Round-up-Making-your-bank-treat-you-failry

tezza, have a read of the article above, in particular the 3rd link.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok all the LBA has now expired and i was refunded £75 of £525 (now) so i am to proceed with suing them. Do i need to write Nationwide another letter informing them of this or just start a money-claim online. How much will this cost to start a claim.

Ok all the LBA has now expired and i was refunded £75 of £525 (now) so i am to proceed with suing them. Do i need to write Nationwide another letter informing them of this or just start a money-claim online. How much will this cost to start a claim.

You do not have to advise the Bank that you are issuing the claim - having sent them an LBA, that is sufficient. It will cost around £30.00 to issue a claim, I think, you would need to check.. It is based on the amount of the claim.

However, if you are unsure of what you need to do, I suggest you either research a little more - perhaps have a look at other threads where a claim has been issued in similar circumstances, or perhaps take a chance with a complaint to the Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I appreciate what you are saying CitB, there isnt really anything to research, not that i can find anyways, it seems no-one is taking banks to SCC.

Out of the £540 odd over the last 16 months, nationwide have refunded £75 (the last 3 months), they have said that they will only ever refund up to 3 months as that is there policy, My questions is, do i have a good chance of winning if i take SCC action.

• 2 weeks later...

CAG is a self help site, others can guide and provide information, but for anyone to categorically state just how successful a county court claim maybe when one has only seen one side of the story.

To take any such action is and must be yours and yours alone.

Citizen B has provided excellent advice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Having read up on BCOBS I assume you know what you are suing for?

For example, the money part of the claim is fir the charges you feel should be refunded to you (together with appropriate interest) and that the basis of that claim is a failure in their statutory duty under BCOBS.

Before issuing a claim have you actually considered how you will handle things further down the line if /when it gets in front of a judge and you have to argue your case?

Have you considered what evidence you should be including (as suggested in conniff's post above) in your claim?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Having read up on BCOBS I assume you know what you are suing for?

For example, the money part of the claim is fir the charges you feel should be refunded to you (together with appropriate interest) and that the basis of that claim is a failure in their statutory duty under BCOBS.

Before issuing a claim have you actually considered how you will handle things further down the line if /when it gets in front of a judge and you have to argue your case?

Have you considered what evidence you should be including (as suggested in conniff's post above) in your claim?

This is what i find difficult as i know nothing about how judges operate or the SCC process (apart from what i have read)

Nationwide were numerous times made aware of the benefits i receive but i feel they have refused to accept my case for hardship.

They have refunded £75 of £550 odd. and sent a letter basically stating the court case with the OFT and they do not have to refund anything.

They also claim they never received the income & expenditure form (i still have the proof of posting)