style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of my neighbour's, 3 houses along from mine. Lets her dog out to roam the Close and approx. 18 months ago, the dog started fowling on my driveway! This happened again and again and I had to report it to the Housing Association. It did subside for a while and seemed to stop altogehther? However, this had been the cold winter months, when I suspect her children, not playing out in Close after school - so door not left open, for dog to just wander out on his own.

Then came a few warm days, it all started up again! Each day now, I seem to go outside my house and there in the middle of my drive, will be a heap of dog excrement. I then go to her house and knock, she is usually out and I can wait up to 3 days, to make contact with her and get it cleaned/removed.

I have requested her to stop her dog from doing it, but it continues. At times it can feel very intimidating having to communicate this to her at times, as she may be surrounded by mates or boyfriend etc It is becoming quite stressful for me now and I am totally sick of it happening all the time!

I went back to the housing association last week, they said they would be writing to her again, maybe visiting - but in any event, I am never advised of any action taken or outcomes/feedback; so I can only assume some action is being taken against this woman, in failing to be a responsible dog owner?

However, since my call to Housing Association last week - it has not stopped for one day. Getting to my wits end with it now, as it is likely to be a reflection on how I live in the eyes of other people and it is simply absolutely disgusting! Anyway, I contacted HA this morning, the chap I speak to was not in his office at the time and the HA Rep I spoke to on telephone, reviewed the details/status of my complaint and in reading out their notes, stated my neighbour's door number being - no 3 when it is in fact no 2!

She amended it accordingly, but it may mean that in a complaint spanning over 18 months now, for same issue - the person responsible for the anti-social behavior, is not receiving communication from the housing association? This could totally compromise my complaint and any deemed action taken so far by the housing association??

I have left a message for the chap to call me back from HA - but I am wondering if there is anything more direct I can do to get this matter resolved once and for all. I feel I am just not being taken seriously, yet it is causing me a great deal of undue distress and I am appalled it can continue happening like this. If your dog fowled on the pavement - you would be liable to a fine??

Any advice, desperately sought!!

:-x

I used to work in a HA and I would suggest, that you make contact now with the Director responsible for the Neighbourhood housing team. Make an official complaint to them and start taking photos to prove it is happening especially if you can catch the dog in the act. State in your complaint that it is Anti Social Behaviour and a serious health and safety issue. Try and find out who is responsible for tenant h+S at the HA and copy them in.

find out the HA's complaint procedure, they should be recording your complaints and sending you an acknowledgement...if they're not raise that point and state you're concerned over the perceived lack of indifference this is being given.

Also make contact with your local MP, they will have a way in with the HA and will also contact the HA if you ask them to. The MP contact will be at director level if not the Chief Exec and can speed things up for you.

Ask the HA to install gates if possible to keep the dog out.

Have your complaints been made in writing or on the telephone ? If in writing, then you will have evidence backing your previous contact with the HA and their error in recording the correct property.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You must record all complaints in writing so there is a history.

Write confirming previous complaints with dates.

Take photos and record dates when this happens and forward to HA and environmental dept. of council.

If gates can be fixed that would help.

Does it foul the public footpath, report to council.

Thanks for the advice, I shall write a letter now - outlining the fact that the issue has been ongoing for some time now and refer to previous instances I have communicated with housing association regarding the matter.

This will hopefully, provide a 'history' line (in prior course of action, though maybe mis-routed? ie: sent letters to wrong address etc) I shall enclose a calendar, noting specific times and dates of occurrences and photos; I had considered taking photos several months ago, but abandoned the idea as seemed a bit 'inconclusive' for all intents and purposes? - could be any dog's doo, from anywhere?? But hey, if I provide as much info and evidence as possible, then maybe it will pressurize them into 'stepping up the way they deal with it?"

So thanks, at least I feel I am on the right track and doing all I can to try and resolve matter.

Will post outcome at a later date - ie: following Housing Association action.

Nadia

:madgrin:

You could also send a Subject Access Request to the Housing Association which requires them to provide all the data they have on you.

It will cost you £10.00 and they have 40 calendar days to comply. Most importantly you would require transcripts/recordings of calls/correspondence regarding this matter.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

As well as complaining to the housing association if they are dog fouling on a public path I would also consider a complaint to the Council anti-social team or dog fouling team if they have one but also check the councils website on Dog Fouling as well.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for the advice, I shall write a letter now - outlining the fact that the issue has been ongoing for some time now and refer to previous instances I have communicated with housing association regarding the matter.

This will hopefully, provide a 'history' line (in prior course of action, though maybe mis-routed? ie: sent letters to wrong address etc) I shall enclose a calendar, noting specific times and dates of occurrences and photos; I had considered taking photos several months ago, but abandoned the idea as seemed a bit 'inconclusive' for all intents and purposes? - could be any dog's doo, from anywhere?? But hey, if I provide as much info and evidence as possible, then maybe it will pressurize them into 'stepping up the way they deal with it?"

So thanks, at least I feel I am on the right track and doing all I can to try and resolve matter.

Will post outcome at a later date - ie: following Housing Association action.

Nadia

:madgrin:

I agree that photos could be any dog's doo but unless you see the dog doing this how do you know yourself it's that dog? I would have thought you'd need photos to prove it's that dog, although it does seem likely if it's only when that dog's around. You could try asking if they can provide you with CCTV for a while to provide evidence, as otherwise they're going to have a hard time proving it's your neighbour.

As ray says, if it fouls the public footpath the council can impose a fine, but presumably with evidence.

I'm just playing devil's advocate because I can well imagine that your neighbour will

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Basically this is a neighbour dispute and HA may decide not to get involved unless dog owner s a HA tenant in breach ot TA. I doubt they will install CCTV surveillance.

How about a bit of self help?

If you can, move computer to room overlooking soiled area and add webcam to record dog leaving do=dahs. A mobile phone recording video should suffice.