santander wont cancel cpa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

went in my branch today to cancel 4 continued payment authorities.

They said i could not do it in branch , but i asked them to phone their head office, then i spoke to to a gent on the phone who said they can only request to stop one which was pduk as that was the only cpa on my account although wonga , cash.co.uk and mr lender are listed on my statements. what are my options to stop them taking money from my account i have 7 days.

Santander are well known for ignoring the law. My advice would be to get a parachute account, and let santander deal with their account.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for reply ,but i dont want overdraft fees on top of my pd loans.

Im going to try to ring them again tomorrow and hope i can talk to some other person

If they take you into an unauthorised overdraft, despite you insisting on the cancellation of the CPA's, then the bank is liable as per the law.

What you could do is get the banks refusal to cancel the CPA's in writing. See what they say if the money gets taken after that. You also need to STOP ringing them unless you can record the call, and start getting everything in writing. Your bank has absolutely NO right to tell you to go to the head office to cancel transactions on the account. You can do it simply by handing a letter into your branch.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Renegadeimp is right. I had a similar problem with them. One person tried telling me it wasn't a CPA and the person who dealt with my complaint and therefore had looked further into the complaint confirmed it was a CPA. Despite this they wouldn't cancel. I told them they have to but they are that sure about themselves they wouldn't cancel. I tried telling them they had to by law. They didn't deny I had a legal right to cancel but just refused to.

We had to get the card cancelled and submit the formal complaint to get anywhere. Even the actual CPA was not cancelled they just said if it did leave they will refund it.

I would write a letter as per the sticky thread and go to the nearest branch. You arent interested if they will cancel it there and then. You just need the letter copied, and both signed stamped and dated. If they still allow money out after they have that letter, then they are in very big trouble with the regulators.

I would write a letter as per the sticky thread and go to the nearest branch. You arent interested if they will cancel it there and then. You just need the letter copied, and both signed stamped and dated. If they still allow money out after they have that letter, then they are in very big trouble with the regulators.

Thanks will do that tommorow.

Went into branch today with letters so thats sorted.

I also phoned santander and this time they were quite willing to stop cpa transactions only to find wonga dont use them nor do quid the gent went on to tell me they are internet based transactions and not recurring so he cancelled my card and if any money comes out i must raise a complaint with santander.

Anyway got things in writing and recorded phonecall so will see what happens

Ignore what the silly bank clerk tells you. They ARE CPA's, no matter what the bank tries and says.

i had the same problem with santander regarding mr lender - they says mr lender debit transcations isnt cpa so i think only way to stop them is simply lost card in public space and another bank account elsewhere .

ps - santander did advice if it was a cpa they would be able to cancel it and refund any money they take out after it without mentiong they have to by law

It IS a CPA. Santander try to skip around the law by saying its something else. If it isnt a CPA, then all the other banks must be wrong, as they all acknowledge it as a CPA.

You should ONLY ever pay a PDL by standing order/prepaid credit card or from a empty account where you only have the funds to pay that payment off each month.

• Confused 1