Chased for a debt I dont owe, Studio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is never up to the accused to prove innocence, it is always up to the accuser to prove their charge.

I certainly wouldn't let this ride and have amendments placed on my cra file.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brig,

didnt see your post yesterday for some reason. I've emailed one CRA re the error (experion I believe) but not the other two as I have to do that in writing rather than via email as their sites wont let me as I cancelled my account. Will write those tonight! though if I contact Noddle via email and advise of the error this should only leave Callcredit Check to inform?

Sent my emails with your letter attached ( I added the fact that I had been declined a credit card application earlier this month) as well as sending them via recorded delivery yesterday. Muck Hill emailed this morning requesting that I confirm my identity by giving my name and address (already on the letter!) and my dob. They also required that I confirm I agreed to them contacting and possibly sending sensitive information to my email address, which I did. I've heard nothing from Studio 24 though.

Spaniels are mad and lovely. You must have a large garden/hundreds of birds or both to exhaust a springer spaniel!!!!!

Yes the little buggers fast a sleep on a sofa, rabbits are fair game for her a 6ft standing jump is not unusual with a look of triumph!!

Studio are often slow to respond so it's wait and see.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

To be honest i was very surprised how quickly Muck Hill responded! I take it that that is a good sign. From what you've just posted I presume this is a common occurence for Studio 24 then?

It hadnt dawned on me until yesterday when speaking to a colleague just how devastating such a mistake can be. For example if I had tried to remortgage recently or really needed a loan quickly for a funeral or something.

Id have a triumphant smile if I could jump 6ft from standing, wouldnt you?

Edited by Blinkin73

Well,

after contacting Studio 24 and Mackenzie Hall via email and recorded delivery post

and having Mackenzie Hall contact me the very next day via email asking for information to confirm my identity which I gave straight away, I have heard nothing.

Except to receive another text from Mackenzie Hall asking me to contact them which I did only for them to ask me to pay £68!

I kept my cool and explained that I had contacted their company two days previously about the fact that I dont owe anything

as Studio 24 acknowledge that I sent the item I purchased back to them some years ago.

I have checked noddle and the incorrect default entries are still there.

Realistically this going to take months if not years to sort out isnt it?

Has anyone on this site had the necessary amendments on their credit file undertaken and been paid compensation without a fight?

we have had this yes several times.

you ideally need to stay off that phone

you need a concise paper trail.

I expect things are a wee bit too recent for it to have landed on the right desks yet.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Dx. I only got on the phone because I am sick of the inbox on my phone being filled with texts from Mack Hill and phone calls from them leaving robatic sounding messages. I just wanted to alert that department to the fact that I had made a complaint and to stop calling me. Im sick of them. And Im a little impatient : )

block them its easy on a mobile

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have tried blocking them. I've blocked all private numbers and Muck Hills number via Mr number but for some reason I cant block their texts. They then started using different numbers to call me. I block each new number each time they call. Its jus an irritating faff thats all.

Hi Blinkin,

E-mail MH,

With this:

The Compliance Director

MH.

Ref: Use theirs.

Sir,

I refer to the ridiculous amount of contact being made by Mackenzie Hall regarding and alleged debt for £ xx .xx arising supposedly from a Studio 24 account.

Mackenzie Hall and others have be formally advised that I xxxxxxxxx ccccccccccc am not the person you seek, nor have I ever been a customer

of Studio 24.

I would remind Mackenzie Hall of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/ update Nov. 2012, and the section on ''requiring an individual to prove that he is NOT the person who owes an outstanding amount.

Therefore the matter is simplicity its self Mackenzie Hall must cease its harassing attempts to intimidating me in to paying a debt I do NOT owe, any further contact regarding this matter will be reported to the OFT and a complaint will be mad to the FOS involving MH in further costs.

All electronic/telephone contact will now cease.

Mackenzie Hall will now remove all data relating to me including but not limited to My name, my address, all landline and mobile telephone numbers and any e-mail addresses. MH will also remove all data from any credit reference agency files to which has reported this matter under my name, if MH fails to comply I will seek considerable financial redress.

MH is to confirm in writing that it has complied with these instructions failure to comply will result in formal complaint regarding the processing of incorrect data being made to the ICO.

This is my final response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Brig, thank you once again kind sir!

Maybe I am niave but I think that its simply a case of the left ar*e not knowing what the right ar*e is doing. And the recent text and subsequent telephone conversation wasnt an attempt to deny that I dont owe a bean and never have done. Still I will get some perverse pleasure from sending an annoying letter/email. Does that make me a sadist?

Brig, thank you once again kind sir!

Maybe I am niave but I think that its simply a case of the left ar*e not knowing what the right ar*e is doing. And the recent text and subsequent telephone conversation wasnt an attempt to deny that I dont owe a bean and never have done. Still I will get some perverse pleasure from sending an annoying letter/email. Does that make me a sadist?

No certainly not!! Standing up for what you know is never sadistic, I just wish others would do so, before they have to come to CAG,

After a nice day out I've returned home to find a letter from Muck Hall typed verbatim by my own fair hand

Dear **** *********

Thank you for your recent correspondence. Following your query, we have contacted our client to provide further information regarding your request.

As Mackenzie Hall do not hold the information requested internally, we have held your account until our client is able to provide the documentation applied for, to allow us to respond to any unanswered quetions you may have.

Your account will be held indefinitely until the information is received by Mackenzie Hall, meaning you wil not be contacted regarding payment until the dispute is fully resolved. Please be aware that no collections activity will take place until we are able to provide the answers you have requested.

Should yo wish to speak to an advisor regarding your correspondence, or if you wish to request further information regarding the hold on your account, please call us on 01563 554540 or email customerservices@mackenziehall.co.uk

We are unable to provide a definitive timescale as to how long our clien responses may take, but assure you that all is being done to resolve the matter as soon as possible, and we will be in contact in due course to bring this matter to a conclusion.

Yours sincerely.

A. Twunt (I made that name up all by myself)

Customer care team manager.

Now Im not fully aware what this means exactly, though I do believe its just a load of old guff because I dont recall asking any questions in my correspondence with them. In fact I've just reread Brigs great letter and I can say with utter confidence that I havent asked a single question

obv looking for ways to get out of paying compo.

dx

and they

Total cop out from MH, I think what they actually mean is we've dropped a bowlok and have given up, but we are too brain dead to admit it.

I've just gone to the bank to get a tenner out and I've been refused the money even though I havent exceeded my overdraft.

I can only think that this is due to the two defaults and the number of credit checks I've undertaken.

What is very worrying to me is the fact that though I get paid in a few days,

which will pay off my overdraft,

It wont also pay my mortgage and bills etc.

Im so upset and angry and havent a clue what to do next.

This all seems so unfair, especially as I havent done anything wrong.

What the hell do I do now?

The banks own ATM, did you try to get a 'mini stetement'?

No, but I did check my balance and I still have a few hundred quid spare on the overdraft.

I've had a £3000 overdraft facility for years but had to use it recently whilst awaiting compensation for a no fault car crash

(purchaed a new second hand car atfer mine was written off).

I was trying to transfer the debt to a no interest credit card, hence getting my application refused and finding out about my poor credit rating.

Very strange Blinkin, you can only check with your bank as soon as they open in the morning, certainly I can't understand it.

No, no mini balance, but I did check my balance.

I've a few hundred quid to spare on my overdraft.

I've been given a £3000 overdraft facility for yonks.

I've used it recently whilst awaiting compention for a non fault car crash which wrote off my car so had to buy a new second hand one for work.

I applied for a interest free credit card to transfer my overdraft to, but was turned down, which led me to look at my credit rating in hte first place.

My brother has given me some tea bags and sugar, which solves my immediate emergency,

and very kindly offered to lend me enough money to pay all my bills etc for June month but If its not all sorted out by then Im stuffed.

This sought of thing really shouldnt be allowed to happen.

Ive got 14 years of very good credit blown o bits by an innacurate reporting of a debt for £67. Its outrageous!!

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Sorry for the near identical posts, didnt realise I had actually sent the first one.

I shall have to speak to my bank tomorrow. This has to be sorted out quickly! I've only got 20 teabags and a few teaspoons of sugar in my cupboard

have you not got online banking portal?

you REALLY need to open a parachute account [the co-op do one]

get your earning transferred to be paid there.

I cant see how a poor cra file blocks your account, never heard of that before.

dx

and they