Chased for a debt I dont owe, Studio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

urm that then has been on your cra file for all this time

thus it caused you extra int [i bet] and refusals since they placed it

I would be looking for compensation.

typically £1000 per wrong entry!!

and if you've suffered because of etc elsewhere [higher mortgage rate]

they need to address that too

this is more complicated [and costly for them] them you think

DONT let them get away with it.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ooh I like the sound of tha Dx. How do I go about that given that its been 12 wrong entries a year for 4-5 years for Studio and one for Muck Hall? thats about £5-6 grand!!! I could do with a nice holiday somewhere hot.

I looked this month as I was turned down for a credit card for no reason as I have always paid early. I do have a mortgage too.

Wow. Its about time something nice happened to me.

Edited by Blinkin73

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much dx. Not only have you saved me money in future re how to gete a fre credit report but you've showed me how to get some actual money.

I notice you've changed it to £1000 per wrong entry. Is that £1000 for each month they put a wrong entry or am I looking at £2000 before I run out and book a lovely holiday and pay off my mortgage. You're a star whatever the case!!

Ok Lets get this sorted:

This Goes to:

The Compliance Manager,

Mackenzie Hall

Copy to The Compliance Manager Studio 24.

Ref: Use MHs and the studio account No. if you have.

Date xx xx xxxx

Re: Defamatory & Incorrect date on credit reference files:

Sir/Madam,

I refer to an alleged debt which originated from an account with Studio 24 said to be in the amount of £xxxx .xx., please note I don acknowledge any debt to Mackenzie Hall or any company it may claim to represent.

Mackenzie Hall is causing an incorrect entry to be displayed on my credit reference files held by xxxxxxxxx credit reference agency, this incorrect and defamatory data has been displayed for xxxxx years/months and has caused extreme embarrassment and consequential loss by being refused credit and I WILL be seeking considerable financial redress for this.

Mackenzie Hall and Studio 24 have been advised that the alleged debt arose because Studio 24 had failed to properly account for items returned to its premises, this of course negated any outstanding amount on the account, Studio 24 have confirmed that the item was indeed returned to them as stated.

Studio 24 has confirmed that has informed Mackenzie Hall of this error.

I now REQUIRE Mackenzie Hall to remove All defamatory data from ALL credit reference agency files to which this data has been reported and to confirm in writing that it has complied with my instruction,.

I am advised that I should seek financial redress in the way of damages for the effect these entries has had upon my credit profile, and as there has been a considerable amount of time elapsed since these defamatory entries have been displayed I would expect Studio 24 which generated and reported the matter and Mackenzie Hall to cooperate in making an offer of redress for this affair, on taking advice I have decided that the sum of £1000.00 per entry on each credit reference agency file plus a sum of £500.00 to cover the time, inconvenience and costs of challenging this error which up to now both companies have chosen to ignore.

Furthermore as Studio 24 has allowed its entries on credit files to remain displayed giving the impression that I have two separate defaulted accounts I consider that it should make at least further redress of £1500.00

A copy of this letter is being forwarded to Studio 24 by recorded delivery and I expect both companies to rectify this matter within 14 (fourteen) days from the date hereon.

I reserve the right to report the conduct of both companies to the relevant regulatory bodies, and to seek legal redress if the parties fail to resolve this matter to my complete satisfaction.

OK?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

nice one brig

dx

and they

Thank you Brig!!!!

Am a little confused about entries, there are 58 entries in respect of Studio24's input on callcredit check as well as 58 entries on noddle and I presume the same on all other credit check agencies.There is one for Muck Hall on each as well. Apart from the fact that Muck Hall are a debt collection agency, is there any reason why I am targeting them in the letter as opposed to Studio 24 who have made the mot entries?

I like to understand things fully. Sorry for being such an ignoramus!!

Edited by Blinkin73

No problem Blinkin,

Credit file are updated usually on a rolling monthly basis, there have been modifications to the way in which data is displayed over the past few years, what happens is the entry is reviewed and either changed to reflect payments /arrangements to pay etc., if no changes are reported the account continues to show exactly the same data as the previous month, they are not ''NEW'' defaults each month, the entry reflects the accurate up to date conduct of the account.

Both companies have been made aware of the incorrect data so can be held jointly and severally liable for the defamatory entries on credit files, this is a method I have used to maximise the potential redress for the damage done.

I would also help if you have any documentation relating to refusal of credit due to adverse data on credit files. You can just add a para saying xxxxxx refused my credit card/loan app because of this entry.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thank you Brig for the explantion.

I shant phone into work tomorrow and tell them where they can stick their job just yet then!

I made the application online and a screen just came up and said no so I dont have any evidence as such for this but will put it in the letter.

I am just about to look up the addresses for the above companies and will send the letter tomorrow and keep you all updated.

I've had a big smile on my face all day thanks to you lot!

We are happy to help as always.

Please keep us informed and let us know if you need further help!!!

One more question,

Can I send your fabulous letter by email too. Just so that it doesn't get lost somehow in the post?

Yes Please do, have just sent you a PM too.

No Pm from you Brig? Just aswell really as I have another question. My Credit report doesnt state Studio24 but Express Gifts limited. Does that change anthing?

Same Company so no probs if you want add ''Express Gifts in brackets after Studio 24.

May be a prob with the site.

Another question, sorry. Is it necessary for me to check all credit agencies to see if an entry has been made. I know its on noddle and callcredit check bu I havent checked experion etc?

Another question, sorry. Is it necessary for me to check all credit agencies to see if an entry has been made. I know its on noddle and callcredit check bu I havent checked experion etc?

Noddle and callcredit are one and the same Noddle gets the data 2nd hand, I would certainly recommend checking Experian (credit expert) and Equifax, bot have 30 day free trials take a screen print then cancel the trial.

I used Experian last year so not free for me now. Will try Equifax and if its on there I shall presume its on Experian.

Thank you once again

Yes a reasonable assumption!!

Ok its recorded on equifax too. Cool. Are there only three credit recording agencies (callredit check, eqifax and experion)?

Cant believe it, all this for an original debt of £67.83 which Muck Hill were prepared to settle for £40 last year according to one of their letters they sent to me along with threats of someone visiting me in 10 days and legal action!!

The mistake couldnt have happened to a nicer company

Ok its recorded on equifax too. Cool. Are there only three credit recording agencies (callredit check, eqifax and experion)?

Cant believe it, all this for an original debt of £67.83 which Muck Hill were prepared to settle for £40 last year according to one of their letters they sent to me along with threats of someone visiting me in 10 days and legal action!!

The mistake couldnt have happened to a nicer company

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Am still smiling despite my dog headbutting me accidently and causing a black eye. My fault for jumping up and down like a loon out of happiness.

My springer spaniel is sparked out from chasing birds around the gardens all day.