Chased for a debt I dont owe, Studio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Before Christmas 2007 I ordered an extra wii remote control from studio.

You cant pay for it until after you have received it when you will the be sent an invoice

When I ordered the webiste said they were in stock but after I ordered they advised it would not come until after Christmas.

As I wanted it specifically for Christmas I tried to cancel the order but was told just to return it when it came.

I ordered one off Ebay instead and sent the one I ordered from Studio back via registered delivery when in came in 2008.

I am now being chased by Mackenzie Hall for the money.

I have told them twice that I had sent it back but they wanted me to prove it by sending them a copy of the registered delivery slip I got from the post office.

Obviously I dont have that now.

As I recall the original prie of the wii remote was about £60 quid but apparently I now owe nearly £400.

Im getting sick of the letters, texts and calls from Mackenzie Hall and dont know what to do next.

Any advice would be appreciated

Blinkin73

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Muck Hall are the lowest of the low in the DCA food chain and as such, I would not worry about them. They are used as a last ditch attempt before giving up. If you wish to maintain contact with them, I would just deny their claims and get them to prove it.

Even so, this alleged debt should be statute barred this year

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you so much for the superquick reply silverfox.

After telling Mackenzie Hall twice that I have returned the goods and that I would sue them for harrassment if they continued to contact me I have just ignored them.

A problem is that on my otherwise unblemished credit rating they are reporting that I have defaulted payement each month and that affects my score.

When its eventually statute barred this will remain.

What do I do about that?

Thanks

Studio are responsible for placing any default. Just because Muck Hall are chasing does not remove your right to contact Studio directly. Do so in writing only using the original account number so they can ascertain what is what.

I would be demanding the removal of this default but in the meantime you can place a 'Notice of Correction' next to each offending item on your credit file. This can be up to 200 words.

I am reluctant to say sue them for removal. Others may disagree

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks again Silverfox,

I wont be suing Studio, its really not worth it. How do I put a comment on my credit file. I only found out about this when I did a credit check via Callredit Check so I could get details of previous loans I've paid off.

Regards

Once you have a credit report reference number, write to each of the CRA's (Experian, Callcredit, Equifax) and tell them you wish to place a notice of correction next to the default. The default will (usually) have a reference next to it to help them and you find the right item.

http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/faq/AR5.html

what is the default date of the debts summary?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again silverfox.

Sorry DX I dont know what you mean.

I've just opened up my creditcheck account and notice that Mackenzie hall have added a debt and a default as of this month

so now it looks like I have two debts that I have not paid when I dont actually owe a thing!

I only have a one star rating when I had a 4 star rating last year!??

I shall contact Studio who have now changed their name and see if they can provide me with a reference nmber for my original non purhcase.

I heard nothing about the matter from 2008 until late last year.

I can easily pay the original £67 but dont see why I should when I sent the thing back.

DX was asking for the date of the original default. This should show on your credit report.

Once a debt is sold, the new owner places their name on your credit report instead of the original creditor.

What should not happen is for two different defaults being placed for the same debt and when the new owner takes over, the date should stay the same as the original one

Am starting to feel really thick. How do I get a cridt report reference number. There doesnt seem to be one when I look online at my credit repot

Interestingly, muck hall have only put the amount of £68 regardign the default, not the £400 they had been writing to me about. I've kept the letters.

According the the report my account with Studio started on 19/11/2007 which sounds about right as I was desperate for an extra wii remote so my family could play it at christmas.

Muck Hall's recent addition was for this month only

As you have an online account, you can use that to query the default. Just check the menus.

The £68 default is all they can place as that was the 'alleged' debt Everything else is charges added (late payment)

You can get that changed if it is a default. Are you sure it is not a late payment marker?

the same debt cannot be listed twice under different account.

on the debt summary

there should be a defaulted date

what are those

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just went to recheck, and given the time that had elapsed I was automatically signed out of Callcredit check and when I went to sign in and view the report again it said I had had my alloted credit reports for the month (one) !?

There were a number of black shapes for each month with a capital D in it on the account with Studio and one black shape with a D in it for Mack Hall. Its definitaly the same debt.

I have found out how to contact callcredit check re a notice of correction but I dont have a credit reference number so how do I let the other credit companies know and how do I sort out the fact that the same debt is recorded twice?

Sorry about all these questions

Ok default date 01/03/2013 for Muck Hall

03/08/08 Studio or express gifts limited as they are now called

Ive just pulled out the paperwork I have for Callcredit check and it has a really really long reference number on the letter from when I joined. Is that my credit reference number? Im really keen to sort this out now.

the debt should not be showing twice in 2 sep account

I would suspect that this debt has been sold to mucky hall

and you are in the transition stage whereby the org account will vanish

and leave the mucky hall one.

however still wrong.

can I suggest you get the noddle report [see below]

its always better to get more than one.

dx

and they

Ok default date 01/03/2013 for Muck Hall

03/08/08 Studio or express gifts limited as they are now called

Ive just pulled out the paperwork I have for Callcredit check and it has a really really long reference number on the letter from when I joined. Is that my credit reference number? Im really keen to sort this out now.

ok so the studio one will drop off [account will vanish aug 2014]

however as you has no debt in the first place

neither should be there IMHO

time to SAR studio [express gifts]

if its PENALTY fees that have held this on your cra file

then we heed to deal with it.

if you know your org details

you might find you can log-in to express gifts online

and get the statements.

dx

and they

Sorry I just realised the actual default date for Muck Hall is 31/12/2011. I wrote date they last updated it by mistake

Noddle report??? Am starting to think that maybe I am thick after all!!

sri it seems sigs are not working here

look below

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle

Sort Your Debts Now - -

here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A

Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here

4. Ins & Outs of PPI & interest : click_here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone

- alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

DX

RIP Martin3030

rant.gif

and they

Phew! I was really beginning to worry that I might have had a massive brain emoblism or something during the night> Ok will sign up for Noodle (its free afterall). And am trying to look into my account with Studio as its still known online. Be right back with what I find out

Thank you so much for your help..really!

Ok,

Studio- it doesnt even recognise my email address. I only used it that one time. Im not a fan of mail order. I will phone to see if I can get info in a moment

Noddle - two defaults recorded - Studio (express gifts limited) and Muck Hall. One star credit rating!!! Was 4 star in October 2012

Good news chaps,

Ive just spoken to Studio who have it on their system that the item was returned. They will pass this on to another department now who will sort out Muck Hall and amend my credit rating as I owe nothing. Hoorah!!

Still, there shouldn't be two defaults on my credit report even if I hadnt paid for the wii remote and never returned it