Ntl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just had a computerised phone call to tell me that NTL have now introduced a £10 late payment charge for customers who are 30 days late with payment.

Should be interesting to see how they arrive at this £10 fee.

BOS - Prelim letter del 19/5/06 LBA del. no response - filed 12/06

Clydesdale Financial Services - Gave them their chances off to court we go!

HSBC - Watch out I'm coming after you next!

If you like anything I say click the scales!

this is the first time I have received any notification like this. I wasn't near the 30 days either, my bill was only due on the 7th.

I also can't find anything on their website to this effect. I have been late in paying twice with ntl and got an automated call where it told me to pay or contact them and if I didn't there may be a reconnection fee of £20.....maybe this is what it meant?

Ex CAG helper ^_^

No it definately said that from now on customers would be fined £10 late payment fee if over 30 days.

It also said to call 0800 052 2000 if any questions.

Strange though that no-one else has had this call.

I havent had this call and Ive been with ntl for 5 years. When Ive missed a bill in the past they used to just add it onto the next one... then cut you off if you fail to pay that one too!

I've been an NTL customer for 5 years and no one has contacted me about this. The charge may be unfair but at least they are giving you 30 days to rectify the problem

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Charges refunded 15 April

They've been very coy about this. I've been aware of this proposed charge for several months since it first appeared here http://www.home.ntl.com/page/charges

I've asked several times for someone at NTL to justify this "Late payment" charge (which by their own use of terminology constitutes a penalty charge) but have had no takers.

Additionally they are charging £4.00 for a "copy bill". In effect they want £48.00 off you for a years worth of information which you can legitimately request under the DPA for £10.00.

In the original of the page above published back in February NTL were proposing a £4.00 "downgrade charge" for an item you wanted to remove from your subscription. The legality of this penalty charge was challenged on one of their forae and it was subsequently removed and the re-edited page above appeared in mid March.

There are "rumours" that ntl are looking at ways to recover this loss of potential revenue by stealth. The first evidence of which being that they are now charging for all calls to customer support (despite the fact that they proudly boasted about their free customer support and advertized the freephone number in their January policy document "The big 5 - customer charter").

I think it's important that NTL are sent a very clear message from their customers that we are not prepared to pay penalty charges.

It's strange that now consumers have the banks on the backfoot that NTL should dive headfirst into a potential raft of claims. Then again, NTL have never been the sharpest tool in the box when it comes down to business.

I think NTL customers should challenge this - voiciferously.

OMG! It's disgraceful:

I have made a late payment on my bill; will there be a charge for this?

If your bill is not paid in full when the subsequent bill is generated there will be a late payment fee of £10. These charges will become effective on 1st April 2006 and will appear as "Late Payment Fee" on your bill.

You can pay by Direct Debit to ensure that you don't accidentally miss your payment date.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks