[Direct Auto Finance & PPI REclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to take some serious research to get the case law bang on

You need to start studying Wilson v Hurstanger, and the meaning of the judgement, you will need to know it back to front

It will be a pleasure for me to get my teeth into this, we cannot jump the gun on this, there are a lot of people out there in exactly the same position as us

Wilson v Hurstanger

A broker negotiating a loan was paid a fee by his consumer clients and a commission from the lender. Although the clients were told about the commission, the broker had breached his fiduciary duty because he did not disclose the actual amount. The lender was held liable to the borrowers as accessory to the broker's breach.

In your case, you were not even told about any commission payments, let alone how much

The reason why you are entitled to all payments is that the commission payment were added to the loan, things like the amount of credit ,APR, termination figure are then mis-stated, that results in a breach of the prescribed terms of the agreement, therefore invalidating the agreement

Edited by squaddie

I finally had a reply to the letter I had sent disputing their refusal to accept my claim..

I have been directed to the FOS website to download the questionnaire again! What a waste of time.

point out you already have sent it

I git that with a claim for someone

even sent the statements off

muppet had detached them from the claim pack

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I had replied to DAF's original letter, and also contacted Provident.

This morning, after much cajoling I received the attached reply. Do you think its game over now, should I give up, or keep going?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

no its not dead

funny how they rely upon:

sections of the CCa act but fail to mention sec 56:

Consumer Credit Act Section 56. refers...

— (1) In this Act “antecedent negotiations ” means any negotiations with the debtor or hirer—

(a) conducted by the creditor or owner in relation to the making of any regulated agreement, or

(b) conducted by a credit-broker in relation to goods sold or proposed to be sold by the credit-broker to the creditor before forming the subject-matter of a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement within section 12(a), or

© conducted by the supplier in relation to a transaction financed or proposed to be financed by a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement and “negotiator ” means the person by whom negotiations are so conducted with the debtor or hirer.

and

yet again they 'merely speculate' that their processes were correct.

i'd await Postggj to comment further

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Seems DAF are getting a lot of PPI claims at the moment

That response has no legal substance and it is a complete nonsense. To be fair, i would probably do the same in their shoes. Give me a few days and i will construct a reply to show we are being reasonable and quote the relevant statutory acts and case law

If they then rebuff that, i will construct a POC for you to consider

No worries - I share the pain with essays!

Interestingly this letter came from Gatwick (all the others are usually postamrked Newport Gwent), so it seems as if DAF may still be operating out of Horsham.

More like a rented small business lot as a way of misdirecting flack

The Newport gwent angle is where they have their so DCA called Godebt/marlin where most of the yes car debts etc were sold to

MORTIMER CLERK SOLICITORS

Floor 3

16-22 Grafton Road

Worthing

West Sussex

BN11 1QP

I wonder what they will make of my letter then. What on earth makes them think they can allocate the deposit where they like and also question what it has to do with the misselling! At the very least it shows them up for the cheating bunch of thieves they were...It is a very daunting prospect having to take them to court, but it's the only step left.

Im glad someone else views it that way also - I do believe they are fighting a rearguard action and using legal terms and delyas in order to frustrate anyone that complains in the hope that they will just give up

Welcome Finance

Daf/Yes car

They were set up as a get rich scheme relying on peoples desperation, both business models failed eventually, and both are paying the price now

Welcomes parent company Cattles plc was a A FTSE 250 member and had been trading for nearly a hundred years, welcome brought them down. At one time their shares were listed at £4.00. when the news broke on financial irregularities, those shares fell to a penny

Private investors staked over £700 million pounds in the company, after settlement they received less than £49 million back as compensation

Edited by postggj