Tesco..Contaminated Fuel?

odydog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone had any problems with fuel from tesco? Apparently i am the 4th person to breakdown and also had purchased my fuel from tesco. Awaiting correct diagnosis until i write complaint! Just wondering if anyone else has had problems.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would help if you state where

if you paid by a card

any repairs are the card issuers equal responsibility

under sec 75

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/31/creditcards-31.htm

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We had the same problem a few months ago but we filled up at Asda. Within 20 mile the car had lost power and wouldn't go above 50.

We took it to our Toyota dealer who said it was likely to be contaminated fuel but there is no way to prove this. We complained to Asda but all they said was there was no other complaints so couldn't help.

We just had the take the hit of loosing £60 of fuel and the £140 bill for draining the fuel.

Ask the garage doing the repair for a fuel sample but as both the garage and Asda say there is no way of provong it was the fuel.

We have never used supermarket fuel again.

check the min fuel requirements in your cars spec/manual eg 95 or 98 ron or both. can affect the timing. if 98, don't use supermarkets 95 ron. although most can 'adapt' to 95, supermarket 95 seems notoriously poor.

Edited by Ford

Try shell's new fuel. It's a tad more expensive but my engine seems to run smoother.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Try shell's new fuel. It's a tad more expensive but my engine seems to run smoother.

I can confirm this Shells new V Power Nitro+ fuel is so much better. I was having engine knocks to my car and a sound I was told its the cheap fuel Asda and Tesco sell and it can only be fixed by using higher Octane fuel.

I started on Shells 99 Octane fuel and believe me when I say my car is a different animal altogether!

Good luck !

• 1 month later...

I had a problem (Cirencester) after filling up at Tesco Cirencester on the 20th June - awaiting outcome from garage but it sounds a costly fix.. draining down has not worked !!!!

how did you pay

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

great then...

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/31/creditcards-31.htm

makes the card issuer equally responsible

dx

and they

Nice thought but I can see Amex will create merry hell if I try to pin it on them..

Have you heard of any examples were they have rolled over and admitted equal liability on a Contaminated Fuel claim? - If so it would be good to have it ready should they contest any involvement.

Nice thought but I can see Amex will create merry hell if I try to pin it on them..

Have you heard of any examples were they have rolled over and admitted equal liability on a Contaminated Fuel claim? - If so it would be good to have it ready should they contest any involvement.

Not what they think it is regulation so no argument from Amex.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

and they

If you read the link it says:

• The cash price of the goods or services must be more than £100 and not more than £30,000

As I only filled up with £67 of diesel does that limit their liability?

worth a try

dx

and they

I tried the recommended approach with Amex - They seem to know the rules as well as we / you do..

• The cash price of the goods or services must be more than £100 and not more than £30,000

darn..worth a try

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

5 weeks on and my Audi Q7 is still at the menders :-(

Tesco have written me a nice letter saying that they will consider my claim - (they haven't seen the bill yet!!!)

In the meantime we are nearly up to £9,000 of new parts (and labour) and still the car will not start!!!!

9k!! all from some dodgy diesel! odd, even if the diesel is dodgy it should still start but just not 'perform'?

just seems odd, as most diesels, even modern performance ones, can 'run' on a min grade (including red/agri diesel, and even veg oil?)

when you filled up, you drove ok straight after? when did the non starting first occur?

what did the garage say?

Edited by Ford

Depends on how far driven. An initial start and stop and you'd get away with it but over say a mile if it lasts that long then it's a complete fuel system replacement. Red is the same as blue but veg oil is a big no, no on any HPCR system. The tolerance is so fine it's like sticking water in the tank.

What has been replaced would be routine and correct.

I filled up with about half to three quarters of a tank...

Drove 75 miles and then it started to splutter and then finally stopped..

Audi are working through a Technical Bulletin that specifies the sequence that should be followed.

Depends on how far driven. An initial start and stop and you'd get away with it but over say a mile if it lasts that long then it's a complete fuel system replacement. Red is the same as blue but veg oil is a big no, no on any HPCR system. The tolerance is so fine it's like sticking water in the tank.

What has been replaced would be routine and correct.

cheers.