With PayPlan but need help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been with payplan for 8 years, however i am beginning to wonder about the debts im paying. For example i get letters from Activ Kapital offing me a massive 3k discount to settle the debt, then the other day a letter from them charging 1.2k interest on the debt for the year.

Also 2 companies on the debt list are charging me for Egg, and Egg prudential which is odd, as i did have a credit card and a loan from Egg, but 2 not 4 so cant figure out why this is.

Now i begin to wonder about my other debts, have charges been added etc, are they enforceable. Payplan are ok, but i dont really think they have a proper hold on what these companies are doing. So i would like to investigate the debts myself, find out exactly what i owe and who too, and what charges have been added etc and see if they are enforceable, i really don't know where to start to be honest. Here is a list of my debts.

Aktiv kapital and Direct legal collections seem to be charging me for the same debts, although they have different account numbers listed. its a bit confusing to be honest. Can any one tell me where to start? Can i get these companies to prove the debts? and get a breakdown of the debts from year dot?

Thank you for any advices offered.

Aktiv Kapital (UK) LtdEGL1782 £5,838.34

More Detail

Barclays Bank Plc £4,968.21

More Detail

Barclays Bank Plc £3,503.30

More Detail

Barclays Partner Finance £482.04

More Detail

CapQuest Group Limited £1,500.67

More Detail

Capital One (Europe) Plc £1,770.86

More Detail

Direct Legal & Collections £3,629.26

More Detail

Pounds to Pocket £614.35

More Detail

Vanquis Bank Ltd £2,058.12

More Detail

Wonga.com £367.02

Edited by sharpend

Here is the credit history from PP website from Acktiv Kapital

Egg 28/07/2006

Egg Prudential 28/07/2006

Direct Legal & Collections 21/09/2006

Goldthorn Debt Recovery 30/04/2007

Egg Prudential 30/04/2007

Direct Legal & Collections 03/12/2008

Egg Prudential 23/12/2008

Direct Legal & Collections 12/08/2009

and here is the credit history with Direct legal Collections

creditor history

Creditor Name Account Name/Number Date Transferred

Egg 28/07/2006

Egg Prudential 28/07/2006

My DMP is currently paying both these companies for as far as i can see the same debts? Egg and Egg prudential, one a credit card and 1 a loan.......... confused!!

Edited by citizenB
removal of reference numbers

You might want to get a hold of some information regarding these accounts.

Perhaps send a Subject Access Request to the original Creditor, this should provide you with ALL data, account references, statements etc. It will cost you £10.00 and the company has 40 days to comply.

It does indeed look as though you are paying to the same company 4 times so you need to get that resolved as soon as possible.

Sadly, PayPlan wont make any attempt to have the interest and charges stopped on your debts. You might have been more successful in that had you self managed the account.

Do you know if there was any Payment Protection Insurance on any of these accounts ? If so, could it have been mis sold ? If so, you could have a stab at reclaiming it.

Same with default/penalty charges if there are any of these, you can reclaim them. However, you will need to obtain statements from the original creditors and presumably the DCAs if these debts were assigned.

If this were me, I would be inclined to ask PayPlan to investigate the 4 accounts for Egg to see if they have any idea why they would be duplicating them.

Your credit files might also be another source where you could see how this error has come about.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for the reply so quickly.

I have contacted PayPlan and asked if they will query the Egg debts. Also with the PPI they seem to recommend Stake your Claim?

I wish i had self managed, but at time, i was a bit of a mess and took no notice or interest in it and handed the lot over to Payplan and just paid every month with no thought... Silly and unfortunate, but it was just how it was at the time. Looking to get more of a handle over it now.

I will do the subject access request, for the 2 debts that concern me at first i guess is a good place to start. Do i have to contact the DCA's and ask them for information now, or just leave them out of the equation for the time being?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply so quickly.

I have contacted PayPlan and asked if they will query the Egg debts. Also with the PPI they seem to recommend Stake your Claim?

I wish i had self managed, but at time, i was a bit of a mess and took no notice or interest in it and handed the lot over to Payplan and just paid every month with no thought... Silly and unfortunate, but it was just how it was at the time. Looking to get more of a handle over it now.

I will do the subject access request, for the 2 debts that concern me at first i guess is a good place to start. Do i have to contact the DCA's and ask them for information now, or just leave them out of the equation for the time being?

Thanks again.

Is this just the one Company (egg/Egg prudential) that we are dealing with here?

How long have the DCA been in control of the account ?

Have you been paying the "Extra" accounts for the 8 years you have been with PayPal.

My thoughts are that you need to establish what accounts you had with Egg and how many. So for that, you would need to obtain data from the Original creditor. If the account has been in the possession of the DCA for longer than a couple of years, then you also require data from them. Because it is likely this is where the hiccup has occurred and of course you need to know what payments have been made to them and where these payments have been applied.

So it could be that you need to do 2 SARs for those 4 accounts.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D