Kindle or Paperback?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

What does everyone perfer? I love a book in my hand, but when you travel as much as I do (thinking of selling the house and moving into the car!), carrying books around is a pain.

I also find I read more with my Kindle - can read a page or two while queueing for airport checkin, which isn't so easy to do with a paperback.

I also have a great use for paperbacks - make money for a charity. Can anyone resist a second-hand book stall? I can't, Kindle or not!

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

I've never looked back since getting my Kindle. I was resistant as I love my books on display but I no longer have space to keep anymore, sadly, so I caved in.

You're right, I read loads more now as you can read with 2 free hands instead of having to try and wedge a page open !! So I can read while washing up, for example.

The only downside is the new book smell I no longer have but the pluses far outweigh that one negative.

Lynda~:smile:

I've never looked back since getting my Kindle. I was resistant as I love my books on display but I no longer have space to keep anymore, sadly, so I caved in.

You're right, I read loads more now as you can read with 2 free hands instead of having to try and wedge a page open !! So I can read while washing up, for example.

The only downside is the new book smell I no longer have but the pluses far outweigh that one negative.

Lynda~:smile:

Agree on all county Lynda. Reading while eating is soooo much easier too. Will have to try reading and washing up. Be honest, do you read in the bath with your Kindle too?

The other thing is you can try new authors out for £1 or less. If you don't like it, you've not spent a fortune, so you don't force yourself to finish it!

Since I got rid of all my Paperbacks the house it tidier too!

Jeremy

I've always read in the bath whether it be a proper book or a Kindle !!

I use freereadfeed.com so get to download a lot of freebies. Some have been shockers but there are some real gems among them. I can wait too to read a bestseller by a particular favourite once the price drops !

Lynda~

Come on Lynda, dish the dirt on the favourite! I've got seriously into Lee Child recently - very good for long waits at airports.

Im just sitting here wondering how many insurance claim forms have had "Kindle dropped in the bath" on them? Lol!

Jeremy

Just make sure that whatever it is you get has a backlight.

Hi Conniff,

Interesting point. I have a paperwhite one, which I find very comfortable to read. I also have an iPad and the Kindle App, which I use when I'm reading factual books with pictures (reading Wonders of the Universe by Brian Cox at the moment).

I actually prefer the non-backlit Kindle to the iPad. Not tried a real backlit Kindle though.

Which do you have?

Jeremy

'Read Me' by Binatone. It takes all formats, has a lovely easy on the eye backlit display and over all the years I've had it, it has never once given a problem. Very happy with it.
Is

Is is Colour or B&W?

Jeremy

'Read Me' by Binatone. It takes all formats, has a lovely easy on the eye backlit display and over all the years I've had it, it has never once given a problem. Very happy with it.

Just had a nose but it says it's no good for reading outside which is a big plus with the Kindle. That's a shame as they're a great price too.

I've never wanted a light on mine as when I switch the light out I use the Kindle app on my phone to carry on instead.

Authors I like I've recently found are Neil White, Claude Bouchard, Alan McDermott, Bart Hopkins....

Lynda~

That's naughty then. The way the review was worded made me feel as though it was no more use than my phone screen in sunlight which is totally unreadable !! Cheers for that. Don't you despise e-reader propaganda !!

Lynda~:mad2: