Bank won't take a report of unexplained debits from my bank account. What can I do?

Stevlynd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they are all merged here now

people will see the specific titles and reply

their replies will auto come here

in one place.!

dx

Thanks for you assistance DX, have just sent you a private message before I had read this post.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes lots of times.

you should be ok if you know the time & data

if you are no BT or virgin or sky or PO

they all have websites whereby your calls are all noted down.

dx

The trouble is the calls were made from the bank managers mobile phones & I only have the numbers for the last 2 managers. The calls were mainly made from them to me. The most important calls are from before I took out the loans as they were from the bank manager who encouraged/enticed me to move some of my properties to them.

Hi thanks for that

but have since traced the payments myself googling the company.

Have managed to get copies of the invoices emailed to me,

no breakdown of what anything is for.

It seems it is a solicitor acting on behalf of NatWest/RBS & I get to foot the bill, see my other posts.

Not sure how I account for it though as its a bill to NatWest not me. Also, wonder if NatWest will claim the vat back.

As it now turns out this solicitor is also acting for the receivers.

How can that be.

yes lots of times.

you should be ok if you know the time & data

if you are no BT or virgin or sky or PO

they all have websites whereby your calls are all noted down.

dx

Unfortunately I don't know times or dates as the main ones i wanted were nearly 6 years ago.

Calls of the type you mention from managers mobile phone are very unlikely to have been recorded, usually those that go through the banks internal exchange have this facility.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I doubt very much you will receive information regarding telephone calls from 6 years ago. However, I am surprised that actions taken on your account, whether manual or automatic, aren't being recorded !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Calls of the type you mention from managers mobile phone are very unlikely to have been recorded, usually those that go through the banks internal exchange have this facility.

Thanks for that Brigadier2jcs. That's pretty much what I feared but was living in hope.

My nephew is ea senior manager with a bank just checked the conduct of things like mobile call is now much strictly regulated because of misspelling etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I doubt very much you will receive information regarding telephone calls from 6 years ago. However, I am surprised that actions taken on your account, whether manual or automatic, aren't being recorded !

There are also some hand written notes from meetings we had that I would really like to get my hands on. The last time i saw one of the bank managers he had a file with my name on it which was at least 3" thick what they have sent me doesn't even come near to 1" thick. There also some emails which I have but they obviously don't know I have them. They would cringe. One of them states " I imagine you get paid cash from ...... But am sure we can get round this". There is also a business plan which I did with the bank manager which was a 20 year plan. Which would raise the question why did they advise a 5 year interest only loan?

My nephew is ea senior manager with a bank just checked the conduct of things like mobile call is now much strictly regulated because of misspelling etc.

Wonder when they started to get strict?

Wonder when they started to get strict?

As I understand it about 3-4 years ago misspelling and promises etc coming to light.

As I understand it about 3-4 years ago misspelling and promises etc coming to light.

Guess I just dipped out then. Sounds about right but I was certainly miss sold it.

Have received a letter today from NatWest (copy below) & they have upheld my complaint re failure to comply fully with my SARs request.

What does that actually mean as they have just listed excuses as to why they aren't able to give the information.

I find their answer unbelievable, surely they should be logging phone calls emails etc on my record.

Can what they are saying be correct?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST – DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 (SECTION 7)

Thank you for your patience whilst I have been investigating your recent complaint. I have now completed my investigation and am in a position to respond to your concerns.

When the items are presented for payment and covering funds are not available, manual intervention does not normally take place. However, if it does, it is part of a routine procedure and we are not required to make any record of the action that was adopted. Therefore, no notes relating to manual intervention would exist.

If you would like transcripts of telephone conversations, please provide us with dates, times and who you spoke to (i.e. departments or telephone number), so that we are able to locate these. Please note that not every telephone call is recorded. I apologise you were not advised of this before as these specific details are necessary to try to locate these calls.

Emails within our system are not searchable unless the customer’s full name is available in the header of the communication. Emails that can be located would have been included in your Subject Access Request.

I apologise that we have not responded to these queries in our previous correspondence, due to this I uphold your complaint. I can assure we have made every attempt to locate all information held. If there is other information you believe that has not been included please let us know and we will attempt to locate it.

I am sorry you found it necessary to make this complaint. If you think I have misunderstood anything about your complaint, or you would just find it helpful to talk through my response, please feel free to contact me on my direct line which is xxxxxxxxxxx

However if you are not satisfied with the outcome of this complaint you can refer this matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for their view. If you wish to take your complaint to the FOS, you must do it within 6 months of the date of this letter i.e. before November 2013.

Does anyone have any ideas of what my response to this letter should be?

my bt online account has phone calls listed in the usage that I made in 2008

who is your provider

therss no point in replying as you don't know the time/date

but anyhow

if you are looking for anything outside of about 12month

and certainly passed that I don't think you stand a chance.

the hindsight of WRITING ONLY

is really lost here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it makes me wonder if there were not some healthy 'commissions'

made out of you too.,

disgusting behaviour.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my bt online account has phone calls listed in the usage that I made in 2008

who is your provider

therss no point in replying as you don't know the time/date

but anyhow

if you are looking for anything outside of about 12month

and certainly passed that I don't think you stand a chance.

the hindsight of WRITING ONLY

is really lost here.

dx

The thing is I met him, the bank manager, at a golf club, & he used to ring me as he was keen to get my business.

I vary rarely rang them anyway.

it makes me wonder if there were not some healthy 'commissions'

made out of you too.,

disgusting behaviour.

dx

It was all very informal & knowing what I know now I think it was more meeting sales targets to keep the job than commissions. He left because he hated the job & a fortune teller told him to. He has since been involved in 2 failed businesses & looked like a tramp the last time I saw him. The third bank manager took early retirement when he rang us to tell us he said he was getting out while he could.