Hi all, first post

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, this is a bit long winded so please bear with it :-)

In dec 2011 i took a new contract with o2 running alongside an existing contract i had with them (been with o2 for the last 10 years), it was the usual thing with x amounts of minutes, texts and also data, however the first 2 bills i had i noticed i was being charged for data and being lazy i paid without checking

i also added an upgrade to my account to allow for even more extra data, the third bill was i was also high so i decided to call them and find out why, o2 admitted to me on the phone that they had originally put me on the wrong contract due to an administration error and thats why i was charged for data,

i asked for all charges to be refunded to which they agreed but then proceeded to debit to my account, another time consuming phone call and another admission of error they said these would be reflected in my next statement however again they failed to credit my account with the correct amount.

I refused to pay and they started the threatening letters which i ignored, then they passed me on to a dca who asked for my financial details and got quite shirty when i refused that over the phone.

Having not heard from O2 on this matter since and still having a different account with them i asumed the matter had been closed as a probable stalemate but have today checked my credit file and found they have added a default to the account and the cheeky so and so's have made it for the full amount after i changed the contract believing it to be my error.

sorry for that, if you managed to get to the end and have any advice it would be appreciated.

cheers.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

This is very serious. Wrongfully interfering with someone's credit file can cause a huge amount of difficulty.

If you wanted to, you could not only claim your money back but up to about £500 compensation.

I think that anyway, you should write out a full detailed statement of everything that has happened including dates.

Write them a letter laying out the whole story and asking for the matter to be put right and a sensible offer of compensation.

Only wait for 7 days - then come back here

Hi Bank, thanks for the quick reply

If i sar them would those details include telephone conversations, in written form as these are where they admitted their error, i refused to pay as i believed the contract to be null and void as in the clauses it said it could be cancelled due to them putting me at a disadvantage, i consider hours spent on the phone trying to sort the matter, originally being put on the wrong contract and incapable staff debiting instead of crediting and general unhelpfullness to be pretty poor. I even asked if they could credit my account from the existing one running alongside as i always overpaid this one, i get paid weekly so pay by weekly standing order as i dislike too many direct debits coming from my account, they even failed to advice me that this was not possible.

ta

An SAR should include those details - but it often doesn't.

You must put it in writing to them and then go from there