Job Centre sanction end-Messing me around

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sanctioned from 27th October to 27th March, was told when I signed on that day that my money should be in next day. Person who signed me didn't know I was sanctioned and it was ending. I phoned Job Centre who told me that I was going to be paid yesterday. Which I didn't. I phoned them again, now told that I needed a JSA 4 form(rapid reclaim) which they never told me about. If they did then I would have had my money in by now. Also Crisis Loans have been made obsolete. So can't get money.

I don't understand why they never told me this before. I phoned up on the 28th March and the person never told m to fill out a rapid reclaim form.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All relates back to your previous post about being made homeless due to the job centre. You have to accept responsibilty for yourself Casper, we advised you for almost 5 months on the action you needed to take and the help you needed to seek, you didn't do any of it.

I don't know why the jobcentre didn't tell you about the rapid reclaim, but they've told you now. So complete it and you'll get your money

scotgal 

I am doing everything for me. I have phoned them, gone to Ingeus. Gone up to the Job Centre several times. I don't know how long till I get my money after I send the form off.

And need to know how far I can back date it. My mum is panicking because of the rent payment that I may owe the council.

I got a letter saying I am sanctioned and handed it to them. But haven't received a letter saying when I get my money.

You only pay rent to the council depending on your income so you would be asked to pay £11.45 a week in your situation, is your mother not able to help with this until your money comes through? She would probably be losing more than that in bedroom tax if you were not there tbh.

What rent payment? Thought you stayed with your mum?

By the sounds of things it is a non dep charge from the mother's HB?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

it will be the non dependant part of the rent you will have to pay my cousin get esa and has to pay the extra rent payment due to the fact she still lives with her mum it does not matter now weather you get full benefit or have been sanctioned you still have to pay the top up rent as your a non dependant living with your mum.

your mums housing benefit will have decreased due to the new rules if your mum has a 3 bed house lest say and there is only you living there with her she will have to pay the bedroom tax on top of you having to pay the top up rent plus is she is not of pension age she will have to pay a monthly amount for council tax too its not just you everyone is effected by this

my cousin did not realise this and is now £94.00 in arrears with the rent she owns on her mums louse she now has to pay £14. a week just to live there that's how much her mums hosing benefit was decreased for een though she is not on the tennacy she just lives there they are now coming after her mum for the rent so im sure they will be doing the same to your mum too i might be wrong but as its your mums house and tenancy ( if it is) her that's only on it)r they will come after your mum as she is responsible the rent

Luckily my mum has a 3 bed house. She has a room' date=' me and my brother. My parents separated about a year ago. Don't know who's house it is as I haven't seen evidence.[/quote']

Right, so it probably is a non dep ("non dependent") deduction from her Housing Benefit. Basically, as you are an adult, her HB will be reduced somewhat because of the fact that you live with her - you're expected to make a contribution to the rent.

I second the advice to do what the JC says as soon as you can. I don't know all that much about JSA rules, but in general, you're expected to figure things out for yourself. So you need to understand the rules of the benefit you claim. Of course, this does not apply if a member of JC staff gives you incorrect advice, but I'm not sure that's the case here. Get the appropriate forms and send them in - if you feel you've been treated badly you can make a complaint. But do that afterwards.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I'm still filling them out. As I don't know what to put down on question- When did you last work?. As I have never worked. Unless you count a days work some years ago.

If you have never worked then that is what you should answer. The space on the form may ask for a date, but you can write next to it something like "Not applicable - I have never worked."

I thought that' date=' but was scared that it would be sent back to me and would delay me getting my money. Thanks[/quote']

No, it should be fine to write that - these forms are read by real people with common sense. Well, some of them have common sense, anyway. If you've never worked what else can you do? You don't want to lie about it, and there are other people who've never worked who make claims.

• 2 weeks later...

I have signed up to Step Change Charity in the beginning of March. I received a letter from them on 6 March saying I am with them. Now Lowell sent me a letter which was sent on 18 April saying they have not heard from them yet. I emailed SCC asking them to contact Lowell. If they don't by next month them I'll have to pay them now.

I have hopefully settled my Job Centre thing with them. I did a rapid reclaim which I didn't need. The man who signed me said that should kick start my money. And I back dated it too.

The person over the phone said I needed a rapid reclaim form.

After a period of sanction the Benefit Centre will require form JSA460 be completed which is a single sheet to declare that there have been no changes in circumstances during the period of sanction a JSA4rr is only required if you had been disallowed benefit which is totally different to a sanction.

Your period of sanction ran to the 27th March so you would not be entitled to receive payment of JSA until the signing following that date 11th April if I'm right thinking you signing on a Thursday. You would sign on that date and payment would then be payable for the arrears 28th March to 11th April.

I'm still filling them out. As I don't know what to put down on question- When did you last work?. As I have never worked. Unless you count a days work some years ago.

Unless you are applying for a job, where the employer may well obsess with your employment experience for the last 3 years (only a relevant question if you are under 25), simply admit that you are currently seeking employment.

I sign on Wednesdays. And when I phoned up the day I was told I had to fill in a rapid reclaim I was told I should have been paid on the Monday following the 10 April which was the day I signed on. Even the man who signed me was stumped.

And said my rapid reclaim should sort it out,

Casper a rapid reclaim is only required if your claim was disallowed (not sanctioned) for failing to show availability and or actively seeking as per your job seekers agreement or if your claim had closed and you were making a new rapid reclaim to JSA (where you reclaim within 26 weeks or the previous claim ending with no changes in your circumstances), I know this because I work in the front line (signing/reception/telephone enquiries/new claims etc).

It is form JSA460 that is required by the benefit centre if you had contibued to sign as normal for the duration of your sanction.

The payment would be delayed as the Benefit Centre require the JSA460 to re-adjudicate your claim to inform JSAPs that payment can be released as normal.

The woman who saw me on Tuesday was stumped to why I did the rapid reclaim. And the man who signed me on Wednesday did say, as I have mentioned before that it should restart my payment.

I don't know why the woman over the phone told me I had to do the rapid reclaim, she knew I was sanctioned and it had ended.

I don't know if she knew what she was doing.

Did you speak to a contact centre operative or did you receive a call back from the benefit centre?

Unfortunately if it was a contact centre operative they are not benefit trained and only have basic access to look at, so that is why there are so many cases where people are told different things which is far from ideal but hey ho those of us who said it would happen were told not to be pessimistic and to embrace the change!