JSA help, please? :)

LucasT92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

After months of browsing, I finally have a situation I new help with!!

I unfortunately had to start claiming JSA. I went for my new claims interview yesterday (12/04) but my claim starts from the 11th. I am due to sign on on Wednesday 17th, but I was wondering if I would receive any payment before then?

Unfortunately CFO lending have taken my bank account over in interest by £85, and it costs me £8 to get to my nearest job centre - 12 miles away!!!

Thanks guys :)

After you signed for the first time as long as your claim has been processed a payment will be triggered and credit your bank account after 3 working days.

If you are in need of payment urgently you can contact your jobcentre and request an STBA short term benefit advance payment be considered and you should be booked an appointment (they may be able to take the request by teleohone but I've not encountered that scenario personally yet) at the JCP to take the reason for your request which will be forwarded to the benefit centre for consideration, they will then make contact within 24 hours of the request to advise of the decision.

Sometimes attending the jobcentre before the average 10 working days clearance time for a new claim has passed you may attend to sign and be advised that the claim hasn't been processed so it could be a while yet before you are paid sorry so it might be on that date that you do request the STBA then.

Sorry forgot to add that the first 3 days will be classed as waiting days which you won't be paid for so any payment would only be from the 14th to the 17th April (4 days payment) with the next payment ot due until the following fortnight signing (again to credit your bank account 3 working days after signing)