Scottish Power Boiler Care / Active Agent - AVOID

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I need some advice and I thought I would share my experience so others do no have to go through what I have had to deal with.

My current Gas/Electric is with Scottish Power and I am on the Platinum package which gives boiler care / cover with Scottish Power for "free".

I had always been with British Gas boiler care, so I decided to cancel as I was getting a service with Scottish Power - big mistake!

I had a boiler breakdown so I telephoned Scottish Power. Scottish Power advised they would call me back for an appointment on the same day - no phone call. I telephoned Scottish Power for a update several times but was told I would get a phone call back.

The evening of the following day, I get a phone call to book a appointment - earliest 2 day's later.

The engineer arrived from The Active Group (www,active-ukgroup.com) - when you visit the website it comes up as Active Agent.

The engineer gave a time to visit of 13:00-15:00 and arrived at 18:30. He was present for 15 minutes and said everything was ok.

The next morning my family awoke to freezing cold again and no hot water - the boiler was not working. I telephoned Scottish Power and had the same fiasco again with the appointment. I telephoned Scottish Power several times throughout the day and was promised the engineer would arrive in the afternoon. I waited till late afternoon and gave a phone call to Scottish Power as the engineer had not attended - I was told the engineer went to the wrong address! Now the appointment was set to the following morning - no time given.

The following day, I made several phone calls to Scottish Power in the morning to chase up the engineer visit. Several times Scottish Power had advised that they were unable to get through on the phone to The Active Group / Active Agent. The engineer eventually attended near lunch time. The engineer advised that there was dust in the boiler (which he cleaned) and advised there was an issue with the flame injector - but carried out no work on it. The boiler was up and running.

30 minutes later the boiler broke down again, with the Flame Injector sign being displayed on the screen of the boiler. I telephoned Scottish Power again and was advised that the engineer would visit again the following day.

The engineer came the following day (as I was now "priority"), and advised I needed a Gas Valve (to do with the flame injector). The engineer advised they carry no parts - great! I asked when the part would arrive - the engineer was unsure.

I got a phone call the next day again from The Active Group / Active Agent that the part would arrive the next day. The following day, the engineer came again and now fixed the boiler.

The Active Group / Active Agent also do not provide a copy of the work carried out. I made sure that I was given a copy of it, by photocopying it.

The engineer also broke a filling loop (this is on their work sheet, which I got photocopied). I have been asking Scottish Power to get their amateur sub contractor out to come and fix it - still waiting its been 10 days - chased up again.

I have also submitted a complaint to Scottish Power approx 2 weeks ago - I am still waiting for a response.

The advice I need is:

1) are Scottish Power / the Active Group / Agent liable to fix the part they broke - especially when I have written proof that they broke it?

2) If I do no hear back from my complaint, can I submit it to the energy Ombudsman, after the relevant timescales have passed?

In total, I was without heating/hot water for 10 days. I had small infants in the house and it was freezing cold. The sub contractor (Active Group / Agent) seem to amateur at their own profession. I have never had this kind of service from British Gas before.

I would advise to stay clear of Scottish Power Boiler care and their amateur sub contractor. As a consequence I may now also move my gas/electric and I have now signed up with British Gas again.

Hi David, I have already received an email from Scottish Power that its been escalated to the Home Comfort Team and I am still waiting for a response.

Also, what I forgot to mention in the above thread was that the engineer advised and also put on his work sheet that the boiler needed a new pump and was in the section of "parts required". However, when the engineer came to replace the Gas Valve, he now said that the pump was not covered!