Thames water-Moorcroft debt collector-Asking lodger to pay debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t understand – why the ‘prove it’ letter? You know what the debt is actually about and whose responsibility it is, so why beat about the bush? It situations like this, relying on standard templates is lazy and pointless – and disingenuous, as you most certainly do know what it’s about.

Deal with the idiots head on!

You need something a bit more direct, that states clearly the debt has nothing to do with you, that it was the landlord’s responsibility, and that you are reporting them to the OFT fand ICO or breaches of debt collection guidelines and data protection breaches. Reiterate that they are already fully aware that you are not the debtor, and it was not and is not your responsibility to deal with the landlord about this. State that any further contact with you will be considered criminal harassment, and you will contact the police.

And don’t phone them unless you can record their lies!

I will keep my mouth shut in future - l leave all the heavy lifting and the basics to you :!:

• Haha 1

Don’t be daft – it’s a proper solution, but in this case possibly not the best! Stay right on board!

Water bills tend not to attract ‘agreements’ as such – you have no other choice of supplier, so the ‘contract’ is sadly a given.

Before you jump down a newbies throat when he is only trying to help - think of the reaction you might get.

Yes the contract might be a 'given' but not to the OP. I suggested a 'prove it letter' as a first step to show the OP that he had a response and somebody cared. And it just might have sent them packing.

I see you joined last month and it's terrific you are already trying to help others. :-)

Yes I am new here, however, I have been fighting a lone fight against half a dozen of these bottom feeders for near enough 5 years now.

Also I am a seasoned Forum user and on some considered 'senior' or 'guru' status, so I do know my way around and there is nothing like a senior member jumping down the throat of a 'newbie' to make him think he is not wanted.

I am not one for using templates and some of my own letters would raise a few eyebrows here I am sure, but many are not as literate as myself and a few of the old hands here, so I suggest a template letter.

Finally I have noticed that there are about 5 or 6 'Big Guns' here who do all the heavy lifting and felt I could offer some basic advice of a simple nature, perhaps to ease the load on them.

I have found on other fora that 90% of questions are usually simple and easy to answer. The skill and hard work is in answering the other 10%, so if I can ease the burden on those answering those 10% then I feel I am contributing.

But I somewhat agree that it *might* (no offence to ncm-000 or others).

None taken, you are new here so I offered the simplest route, does not mean it is the most appropriate.

I would have preferred to use the Prove it letter. But I can attempt to write down a tailored version of the prove it letter by stealing the lines from various posts mentioning various "laws" and doing a bit of bodyshop work on the letter..

Bespoke letters are always better than templates, but hard to write and many do not feel confident in doing so.

Can post it here before I send it over for experienced members to review.

Standard practice, I am sure one of the 'Big Guns' will be more than pleased to assist you with the letter.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43094[/ATTACH]

Too small - unreadable.

Read and comply with instructions on how to attach a pdf.

The Brig will not be able to help you if he cant read the letter

Instructions from dx100uk

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates. {DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN]

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites [http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files