Previosuly defaulted and outstanding loans with Wonga, QuickQuid and Payday Express....recently provided me new loans.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I am looking for a bit of advice. Back in 2011 I took PDLs with Quickquid, Wonga and Payday express....I defaulted on these loans and have never paid them down, they are still chasing me today (I am currently entering a DMP now though). However in February/March I was, stupidly, looking for further borrowing and was granted loans by all 3 of these companies. I thought it might have been because I am at a different address now, however while checking my credit file it shows that my original debts and the new ones with these companies are all tagged on my credit file together, so they should have been aware they were lending to one of their longstanding defaulted debtors. Now I know it was stupid of me to borrow more from these companies, but as a question, does this kind of lending not breach their responsible lending policies? As I am clearly someone who cannot manage debts, plus each of them have lent me up to 3/4s of my monthly income?

I have moved your thread to the PDL forum

but yes it would be irresponsible lending

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thank you for moving it to the correct location, bit of a newbie here!

SO do you know how I would go about challenging these debts then, because the people I am entering a DMP with have suggested I do this as well.

Which dmp?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Haha no worries, I am just looking for a legitimate way to challenge these debts due to the fact they have breached guidelines. Wonga were the worst, on an income of £1100 (on a good month) they allowed me to borrow £550, with interest total £780, with oustanding debts with them and current PDLs with other companies.

Ok well ask them to write off the debt as it was irresponsible lending, or make a low offer. If they refuse report them to the credit fitness part of the OFT.

As you have an income you have to be a little bit careful.

Another way,if bad credit file doesn't worry you is to tell them to go forth and leave it up to them to go for a ccj. At that point make an offer.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I feel i need to add a bit of advice of my own here. Im in agreement with fletch about this. You need to tread carefully as wonga are not above selling the debt on or instigating legal proceedings.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi thank you for your replies. Well the old debts have been sold on, but if I log into my 'accounts' for these companies under my old email address it still shows the old debts/a note that they have been sold on.

How would I go about tackling them as this being irresponsible lending? Has anyone got any template letters.

Also as I am in the process of entering a DMP (mentioned earlier) I have cancelled my visa debit with Barclays, however when contacting them to also cancel any CPAs they are flat out refusing to do it, telling me they can't do it until any actual money has been taken from my account. So also need a little help with this as I have recently discovered that blocking a card will not always stop these PDLs dipping into your account as and when they please (which could potentially break my DMP due to favouring debtors).

You report them to the OFT, however you still owe the debts so dont think they will be written off. Im not saying you are, but we've had a few people in similar situations.

Thanks renegade. Any template letters? Also I was a bit confused by your last sentence there, I'm not sure what you were referring to.

Also has anyone got any advice on cancelling the CPA. My DMP hasn't been set up yet as I am gathering information, I have cancelled my old card but obviously without CCCS enforcing my DMP yet I am worried that the PDL companies will dip into my account still.

• 5 months later...

Hi. SOrry i didnt get back to you earlier :o

Can you give me an upto date summary of what you have done so far?

Hello, well to be honest I haven't done anything I am a bit useless at all this (clearly). I was in the middle of finishing Uni as well, so that kind of took priority. But now I have graduated and landed myself a very good job, so am able to start [aying all these debts off, so I think it is sweet time that I started dealing with all this. I am completely at terms with the fact that I need to repay all these debts, however I am just wondering if there is anything I can do about these specific debts listed before, as they should never have been lent to me in the first place.

If you used the money then even though its irresponsible lending, the only thing you could do really is either pay the REAL amount owed, or contact the OFT and FOS and see what they say.

Well done on getting a good job , now the way I dealt with some PDL's was to make a complaint to them about irresposnsible lending, unfair fees etc. After 8 weeks I took it to the Fos , in three cases I received a much reduced settlement offer . At the time I had made a low offer which they had all refused .

I haven't heard from Wonga for a year now on one loan and a couple of years on the other, MEM have shut up and so have WDA. QQ shot themselves in the foot by confirming by email that my account balance was 0 and they hadn't sold it on haha to McKenzie Hall who said they had bought it.

I hope you reported mucky hall to their local trading standards and the OFT. What they did was technically fraud by misrepresentation.

Hi Guys,

Fletch.....I haven't heard from many of the lenders for over a year now (on my older debts), but they are still listed on my credit file, so they don't just disappear. Haha.

I did use the money, so yes you are correct I do owe the real amount. What is the REAL amount?

I need quite a hand holding through all this as everything is quite a mess, I have left it for so long I don't have a clue who most of the debts are held by now and many have been passed on multiple times.

Also as I am planning on entering a DMP I understand that they don't negotiate the debts any lower for you...they just takes the debt at the value they are? So it is down to me to get all of the 1000s of pounds of over the top fees and interest knocked off. So I really need some step by step guidance as hand holding tailored to my situation to help me negotiate the values lower before putting it all into a DMP.

The real amount is based on this:

Original loan amount ( the amount you received), plus the original contracted interest over the term of the loan period. Anything else they would have to justify. Also, you could reclaim any "fast processing charges". SOme PDL's like to try and say "here ya go £100. But we're gonna take £10 off for a 'transaction fee'."

Well, are they still chasing you? if so, what are they saying?

I hope you reported mucky hall to their local trading standards and the OFT. What they did was technically fraud by misrepresentation.

I am not sure that it is as as soon as I forwarded them a copy of the email they stopped pestering me. Even though they are in Scotland and I am in England I can not report to Trading Standards. I did try

You can report them to trading standards. THeir local branch has a pretty hefty casefile on them.