Won by Default ... What now??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After following the advice on this forum and over on money saving expert, I filed a claim against HSBC. Recieved no response, they didn't enter a defence after 14 days so I won by default.

Except I don't know what to do now... I checked in the step by step instuctions, but it said if the bank don't enter a defence 'well done you've won' but how do i recover the money now??

Apologies if this is a silly question!

FAQs:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=243

6. The bank will now do one of four things.

1) Ignore the claim completely - this is their best bet - they can claim incompetence as the reason for not attending court - you win by default after 14 days if they do not enter an acknowledgment of the claim. You will need to apply for a judgment which you should do as soon as the bank's time is up. If they get a defence in before you apply for the judgment, then they gain the right to proceed into court if they want.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you claimed in court using form N1,the back of the claim the court sent you has the application for judgement bits.I would imagine the same is true if you claimed on-line,but not sure.

Under the civil procedures, a letter with a stamp on it should be seen as delivered.

If they have defaulted, then it's up to them to get the default ruling overturned.

Apply for judgment, and the likelyhood is that you will get your money. If not, then send in the baliffs.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Exactly the same.

I have only read the on-line version, about 50 words.

Did the Sun mention this site?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Sun didn't mention the site, but article scanned and sent to research@BAG :rolleyes:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for all your responses, i did fail to add that i have applied for judgement which i have recieved in the post. I wasn't sure what the next step was.. I take it I need to send in the bailiffs??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm the guy in that Sun article & was at the stage you are now. I suggest you apply for Judgement by Default now, then give them 7 days to respond with an offer, if they don't then you can apply for a Warrant of Execution to send the bailiffs in!

Settled Claims:

Abbey: £4025 Claimed 27/02/06 - Paid in full 19/06/06

NatWest: £4529 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 1/08/06

Halifax: £1150 lba 18/05/06 - Paid in full 07/06/06

Natwest CC: £420 Initial letter 25/07/06 - Paid in full 08/06

Woolwich: £1100 Paid in full 28/2/07 + Default removed

NatWest Pt 2: £1700 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 7/2/07 + Defaults removed

Current Claims:

Abbey Pt 2: £2300 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Alliance & Leicester: £1421 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Refunds pending:

Capital Bank: Swift Advances: Halifax

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey: HSBC

I would do nothing, but allow them 7 days from when you got judgement to consider offering you a settlement. Only then if they don't reply apply to the court for the warrant of execution. Could you pm me about this?

Settled Claims:

Abbey: £4025 Claimed 27/02/06 - Paid in full 19/06/06

NatWest: £4529 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 1/08/06

Halifax: £1150 lba 18/05/06 - Paid in full 07/06/06

Natwest CC: £420 Initial letter 25/07/06 - Paid in full 08/06

Woolwich: £1100 Paid in full 28/2/07 + Default removed

NatWest Pt 2: £1700 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 7/2/07 + Defaults removed

Current Claims:

Abbey Pt 2: £2300 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Alliance & Leicester: £1421 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Refunds pending:

Capital Bank: Swift Advances: Halifax

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey: HSBC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks