Payday Express advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been on a repayment plan with Payday Express for around a year and this month was looking to pay off my balance. I sent them an e-mail to confirm that my balance was £83, however I received a reply saying that the balance was £337, certainly not what I expected. I e-mailed them back asking for a breakdown of the balance as according to the payments I have made from the original balance the debt should now be £83. In reply they simply sent me the exact same e-mail again confirming the balance was £337.

Obviously I want to know how they have come to this figure, as it appears they have either not been processing my payments or they have started adding interest on again. At no time during the repayment period have they contacted me to tell me they are adding interest back on.

I presume I am legally allowed to see a breakdown of the balance complete with interest and charges, so how do I go about obtaining this? Am I better off sending them a letter instead of an e-mail. I'm perfectly happy to pay off the remaining £83, but I strongly dispute the amount of £337.

Any advice on the matter greatly appreciated.

Contact the OFT about this, it is not on.

Sounds like they may have an automated system in action and are not really 'reading' your emails properly.

Remember every single complaint against a PDL company is now counted against them, so please contact the OFT immediately.

I will fill in a complaints form with the OFT about it. Should I tell Payday Express that I am filling a complaint and should I try writing them still to get a statement of the account?

Tyrone,

Can I suggest you lodge a complaint with Payday Express demanding the information from them. This will illustrate the seriousness of the event - although in my experience, this may likely be ignored. Lodging a complaint will start the clock ticking and Payday Express from the complaint date and they'll have 8 weeks to finalise the response before you can approach the Ombudsman. (Should you want to take that route).

What confirmation was provided from Payday Express when the repayment plan was originally agreed?