BARCLAYS abused my mortgage for 8 Years

Omar Selim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad2:

For Eight years Barclays has abused my mortgage account. Following a dispute in which Barclays alleged that I have not paid two monthly instalments of about £1100 each, I decided to pay the monthly instalments in CASH. However, Barclays enforced on me fines of £40 monthly for arrears based on that dispute and other charges totalling about £4000.

since I was ill, I accepted too pay the penalties and the alleged arrears which made my monthly payment jump to about £1200. I continued paying all that time but when I received my annual mortgage statement I was surprised that the dates when my CASH monthly payments were credited to my mortgage account were always days, up to 9 days, after my actual payment of the cash. This, of course, makes towards more interest added to my account.

I complained to Barclays who said that was the time needed for my CASH to reach their mortgage arm WOOLWICH- which is a load of rubbish.

In took the matter to the financial Ombudsman who, as usual, sided by Powerful Barclays.

Now I intend to take Barclays to court hoping to be compensated not only for the money Barclays robbed me of but also for 8 years of suffering and stress which led to my wife being diagnosed with Cancer.

I wrote to Barclays that I'm taking it to court about a month ago and now I will writre to them again letter of starting action in court.

Any advice?:mad2:

Thank you

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Read up on MCOBS. A mortgage lender has a duty to treat you fairly and you have the right to sue if they don't.

There are rules about the charges which they levy. Charges must equal administrative costs.

How much have they taken for each charge?

At what level at the FSO made their decision? You can if you wish ask for it to be escalated to the ombudsman rather than the lower adjudicator level !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D